The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bad Cat Hotcat 30 I acquired from fetuspetus on the The Gear Page arrived today, and I couldn't be happier. This is a seriously amazing and unique amp, and can't wait to use it live.

Here it is in its new home!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congarats, the hot cat is a smoking amp. I've have opportunity to Jeff Flowerdays Hot Cat 15 on several occasions and it smokes!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
2x12 now that's some good evil. But man she must be heavy, you sir must be hercules.
:bow:

If you get a chance try a couple Heritage G12H30s in it. One of them took my 15 to a new level. But then again I really like Heritage G12H30s

If you find your not using the gain past 12 try putting a Mullard CV4024(12AT7) in V1 she calms the gain down just a little bit.

If she isn't a new channel switcher, take a look at the radial switchers, they are best switchers out there.

Congrats!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Cool. Takes a bit to get the controls, but you can find just about any tone in them.

I have a Hot Cat head and 2x12 cabinet as well as a Custom Shop Hot Cat 30R 1x12 Combo. Owned a Trem Cat and a Mini-Cat along the way, all vey cool amps.

I bought my Hot Cat in 2002. Been used lots, never a problem. Mine does eat power tubes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff Flowerday said:
2x12 now that's some good evil. But man she must be heavy, you sir must be hercules.
:bow:

If you get a chance try a couple Heritage G12H30s in it. One of them took my 15 to a new level. But then again I really like Heritage G12H30s

If you find your not using the gain past 12 try putting a Mullard CV4024(12AT7) in V1 she calms the gain down just a little bit.

If she isn't a new channel switcher, take a look at the radial switchers, they are best switchers out there.

Congrats!

Jeff
You are not kidding, this thing is so heavy! The guy I bought it from also included a road case, so the total shipping weight was 131 lbs!! That is only 15 lbs. lighter than myself, but the casters on the road case make it much easier. Thanks for the tip on the lower output preamp tube, because like you said, I don't run the gain very high at all. I have a couple channel switchers that I ordered coming, I decided to go with the Lehle Little Lehle. I got two so that I can also run my effects loop as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts