The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this Epi DR-212 as a companion to my Epi EJ200. They make a nice pair.

But a little is in order help I guess: E A D G (6, 5, 4, 3) pairs: the thinner is tuned to the same note only an octave higher. How does that equate when using a "Snark" tuner? If I tune E (6) to the regular E on the Snark, how do I tune it's thinner brother?

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I picked this Epi DR-212 as a companion to my Epi EJ200. They make a nice pair.

But a little is in order help I guess: E A D G (6, 5, 4, 3) pairs: the thinner is tuned to the same note only an octave higher. How does that equate when using a "Snark" tuner? If I tune E (6) to the regular E on the Snark, how do I tune it's thinner brother?
You tune it to E. All the tuners I've used with my 12 string just show E for both strings. If that doesn't work tune the thicker string then tune the octave by ear.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
I use a snark for my 12 string. Tune the thick string, then the octave string. It will figure it out. You'll notice that strings 1&2 are same gauge and strings 3&4 are the same gauge. So 1&2 sound identical as well as 3&4 sound identical

Reactions: zontar

·
Premium Member
13,025 Posts
This ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that! ^ I like the script "DR" on my trussrod cover though. I've hardly had a chance to get at it but new strings tomorrow and a jam scheduled for tomorrow night. Can't wait.

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
I use a snark for my 12 string. Tune the thick string, then the octave string. It will figure it out. You'll notice that strings 1&2 are same gauge and strings 3&4 are the same gauge. So 1&2 sound identical as well as 3&4 sound identical
Exactly how it works.

Enjoy the 12 string--they can be a lot of fun

Reactions: steve nb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts