Neodymium Speakers..

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Adicted to Tubes 
#1 ·
...who has them?

what do you think?

who sells them in the gta?

-dh

#2 ·
I've got one in my Jazzmaster Ultralite Cabinet. I have have 2 other cabs to compare it to - one homemade the other is an Earcandy Sovereign loaded with a 12" Eminence. I prefer the the Fender cab with the Neo speaker to both of them. (I'm using it for clean sound only though)

#3 ·
I've used the neo Celestion century for about 2 years. Ultra loud, bright and responsive. Shrill as heck with my EL 84 amps, but can sound excellent with the right amp. I bought it to put in a combo amp (to lighten it up), it was too bright, but I have since found a couple of amps that it works well with.

#4 ·
I've used the neo Celestion century for about 2 years. Ultra loud, bright and responsive. Shrill as heck with my EL 84 amps, but can sound excellent with the right amp. I bought it to put in a combo amp (to lighten it up), it was too bright, but I have since found a couple of amps that it works well with.
...i've heard that about the celestion. eveidently the jensen neo is more balanced, with deeper lows.

-dh

#11 ·
Beyond my experiences, I can only tell you feedback I have read on other forums. People on those forums seem to really favour the Jensen's over the other Neo's. Mainly for the reasons david henman mentioned.

I bought my 12" one from the classifieds on the TDPRI, and my Revernend Goblin came stock with a 10". I paid the equivalent of about $80 Canadian for the 12" used (including shipping).

I may be wrong, but I THINK I read the Jensen's just went up a bit in price.

#12 ·
12 inch century

I just got rid of a 12 inch celestion century-the one with the new style voice coil rather than the vintage named one-it was superb-very light and could handle 80 watts
- I got it off ebay for a 100cdn-the 1x12 cab was like packing around a lunch box-
-sound wise it seemed really efficient and had good tone up to about half vol on a 50 watt matchless style amp-at louder volumes...? Well I couldnt tell becasue it was too loud I couldnt hear it-

-my overall opinion was that I think it is an excellent speaker - but it needs a good amp becasue unlike some other speakers from this manufaturer it is very precise and even and any tone in the amp will be reproduced exactly.

Great for knob twiddlers.

Also If your amp is noisey it will be enhanced by it's efficiency.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.