The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neil Young to auction off model trains, other prized possessions

Neil Young to auction off model trains, other prized possessions

Neil Young may not be bringing back the Bridge School benefit concertanytime soon, but the 71-year-old rock icon is still devoted to the cause.

Young has pledged to auction off many of his prized possessions, including model trains, classic cars, guitars, recording gear, memorabilia and more, with a portion of the proceeds tipped to go to the Hillsborough school he co-founded with his ex-wife, Pegi, in 1986 to help children with severe speech and physical impairments, he announced Thursday.

The auction, which is scheduled to take place at Julien’s Auctions Gallery in Culver City (Los Angeles County) on Dec. 9 (the items will be on preview starting Dec. 4), will include more than 230 pieces from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee’s personal collection.

Reactions: Guncho

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
It's just too bad he forgot he's Canadian.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
I got into this vary discussion with a bunch of Americans on another board after Gord Downie passed away.

I was trying to explain to them that there are many good artists in Canada who choose to record and live in Canada, and never make it really big in the USA. They make that choice. The Americans thought this was ridicules of course. Either you are good enough to make it in the US or you play wedding dances. They said there was no way anyone good enough to make it would choose to stay a Canadian artist.

I'm an old Neil fan, don't get me wrong here, but I do see a distinction between those who choose to leave, and those who choose to stay. Neil left.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
I don’t think he was actually getting anywhere here before he left though and I think he needed to be where there was more going on because he was a bit too unusual for the local market. Once he got going it was different but in early days he might not have got anywhere if he’d stayed here trying to get gigs at coffee places in Yorkville.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't see the actual list of items he's auctioning.
The article says: "the items will be on preview starting Dec. 4", so it looks like he is still putting the list together.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 28 Posts