Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ESP LTD 406

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm currently looking at buying either a Fender standard Telecaster HH or a ESP LTD TE 406 I'm really unsure as to which one is a better choice as I'm buying it online. I'm mainly a metal player however I want the guitar thats higher quality, has better sound, playability and is cooler to own. I wanted to know also if the Fender Tele HH was any good for metal music? I'm planning on swapping out the Fender's pickups with EMG's as well. Anyways thanks everyone Rock On !

·
Premium Member
17,157 Posts
If you want a fender tele with EMG's just buy the Jim Root signature model.
As to which one is better quality, they're going to be on par. As far as sound goes, pickup swaps make that point moot. I have no idea which one is cooler to own, both are popular brands.

I would *highly* recommend buying from an actual store and playing the exact guitar you want to buy. Most stores will price match any non-sale price advertised.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't know what your playing preferences are, but I think the ESP would be a better choice for metal; 24 frets, comes stock with emgs and it has a flatter 14" radius. That would be my choice.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Look at the Fender Jim Root Tele. It comes with EMGs, has a flat radius, and a near matte black or white finish.

That said, the Squier Jim Root Tele splits the difference well. You'd have to add the EMGs, but it costs a lot less stock than the Fender.

And I agree -- try before you buy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like Teles, but if you're going to play metal on it, the Ltd is the way to go: it will likely play faster and it already has EMGs in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts