The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was like putting on a old pair of jeans and finding a twenty! I found this in my Mother's locker. It was a birthday present I got in 1967-69 and I remember putting it away several years later. I had totally forgotten about it. There is no name on it except for the neck plate, but I tried to research the Teisco name and have found that they did make guitars from 1948 to @ 1969 but I can't find any reference to them making Telecaster copies so I'm not sure that it really is a Teisco - maybe just a Teisco neck plate? Anyone ever see anything like this. The neck is absolutely gorgeous with a thin 1 5/8 nut and 25.5 scale and a chambered body - yeah this is a hollow body guitar! I vaguely remember trying to mod it and lost the original bridge and popped a bass guitar bridge in there which doesn’t work.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
What a find! I wish I had some old guitars I'd put away and forgot about, talk about Christmas in July!:banana: That is a cool looking guitar. I won't be much help though when it comes to helping ID it.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
With the neckplate saying Teisco on it, I would email the guy who runs the www.myrareguitars.com site. He owns a ton of vintage Teisco's and knows a ton about any of those vintage foreign guitars. I'm sure he could tell you exactly what you have.

Looks like a cool find no matter what it is. I love how the knobs have the labels "V" and "T" on them.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Teisco for sure - a big Japanese producer back in the day, maybe? I've heard of them but that's about it.

I too love the insignia on the knobs... a nice touch and elegant in its execution.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was during my "I'm never going to be able to play like Hendrix, so just give up" years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts