The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got some black ones if req'd... I'd post at groupDIY or diystompboxes somebody in Canada would likely be willing to add you creme knobs to their order as DIY'ers are generally a good bunch (except the ones that sell stuff on ebay).

FYI the knobs are fine but they aren't the same as a fulltone pedal or a fuchs amp knob.....

there are hifi guys selling knobs for hundreds of dollars....cyrogenically frozen while a visiting nepalese sherpa carries them across the glaciers of Patagonia on full moon in order to ensure that the magnetic offset caused by the set screw only being on one side does not cause the dielectric to influence the even harmonics. Be sure to get the matching allen key with grounding strap... one per knob.......all to say $.80 + shipping for a knob ain't half bad:D

Andy

·
Premium Member
17,423 Posts
there are hifi guys selling knobs for hundreds of dollars....cyrogenically frozen while a visiting nepalese sherpa carries them across the glaciers of Patagonia on full moon in order to ensure that the magnetic offset caused by the set screw only being on one side does not cause the dielectric to influence the even harmonics. Be sure to get the matching allen key with grounding strap... one per knob.......all to say $.80 + shipping for a knob ain't half bad:D

Andy
This is just killin' me...can't stop laughin'

Given the above, I'd buy one of these knobs just to be able to brag about it to all my friends that are into electronics.

Dave

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
If you're not set on the color, I think I have some red ones with white pointers that I'll give you...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're not set on the color, I think I have some red ones with white pointers that I'll give you...
Wow! That is an extremely generous offer. However, I am just doing this for a cosmetic upgrade an a couple of pedals I have so colour "is" kind of an issue.

Thanks for you amazing generosity though,
Good Karma to you! :)
TG

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Wow! That is an extremely generous offer. However, I am just doing this for a cosmetic upgrade an a couple of pedals I have so colour "is" kind of an issue.

Thanks for you amazing generosity though,
Good Karma to you! :)
TG
No problem. If you change your mind I have them.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Just thought folks might get a kick out of knowing that for years and years dating back to the dawn of radio and electronics "knob" was also techie slang for management.

You know, there are big knobs and little knobs...

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I still cannot tell if you are being tongue in cheek . . .

Does L+M really have knobs for sale?

TG
Sorry...there wasn't a "tongue in cheek" smiley.....

I was referring to the smiling,helpful staff.....

I bought a trainload of knobs from Active Surplus on Queen St. in Toronto a while back...still using them up. Don't know if they still have stuff like that, they moved up the street a while back and got rid of a lot of the old stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts