The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to this forum.. looks awesome...
I'm a big fan of U2 and would like to purchase a new amp but I cant decide if it should be Vox AC30CC2 or the Valvetronix AD (50 or 120) VT which has the ac30 simulation on it

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The real question is do you need that many watts?

I'd look at the AC15CC with a Blue in it. The 15 watts is going to be plenty loud and unless you play with a extremely loud drummer it will keep up.

PS) I'm not much for the modeling.

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
I second Jeff. Of your two choices I would definetly go with the Vox AC30CC over the other one. Not to mention if you wanna get all "Edge-y", you'll need a modulated delay with tap tempo at the very least (if you don't have one already :) )

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure what the CC stands for, but it's a cheaper version of the AC30. I believe theyre made in China to standards that aren't as high as the "regular" ones. But they have a few more modern amenities such as an effects loop, and maybe a master volume (I'm not sure about that one...). People either seem to love 'em or hate 'em

·
Registered
314 Posts
One of the guys we jam with has a Vox Valvetronix AVT50. In order to get the sound he likes, he has to crank it until it's painful. Watts aren't everything.

We play with a loud drummer, but I can keep up with him going thru a JC-60 for cleans and a Vox Pathfinder 15 (!) for dirt. Mind you, I'm a rhythm guy, I don't play leads.

We played an outdoor gig this summer, and I used the above amps with the Pathfinder slaved into the power section of a Behringer Blue Devil 60W. Folks were dancin'!

Of course, that band broke up, and I'm back on bass now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts