The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am considering purchasing a neck rest for when I am doing repairs and changing strings. So far this one seems to be in the lead:

https://www.amazon.ca/MusicNomad-MN206-Cube-String-Instrument-Support/dp/B00TV90MT0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1548528344&sr=8-3&keywords=guitar+neck+rest

Anyone have one? Like it? Hate it? Would you buy it again?

I don't have a dedicated work space so I usually use the kitchen table and just lay down an old towel to protect the guitar from any scratches. Should I invest in some kind of a mat as well?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The amazon one is pretty slick.
I use a neck rest I cut from a piece of maple- designed from a pic of the stew Mac one lol
I use an old bath towel under the body.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I used a scrap 2x4, opened up with a hole saw. Same for neck cauls... 2x4 , hole saw and then cut in half.
Cover is a (shhhh !! ) piece of an old handbag with some old t-shirt under for a little extra padding. ( pls excuse the mess)
IMG_2669.JPG

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I have that one. I use it all the time. Bath towel on the kitchen counter (for light) and the neck on the stove. Don't all the pros do that ? ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I ended up ordering the Music Nomad neck rest and mat kit as it saved me $2 whole dollars! Also bought their fret polishing kit. Seriously, I am a sucker when it comes to tools.

I have a Hohner 6 string here that is in amazing condition but needs a good cleaning and fret polishing. These new goodies should do the trick. Now I just have to wait patiently for PRIME to deliver them!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the StewMac one & it's great:

I did get it, along with a bunch of other stuff, gently used at a good price. Not sure I'd pay the ask from StewMac, but it is nice!

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Hey all. I am considering purchasing a neck rest for when I am doing repairs and changing strings. So far this one seems to be in the lead:

MusicNomad MN206 Cradle Cube-String Instrument Neck Support: Amazon.ca: Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio

Anyone have one? Like it? Hate it? Would you buy it again?

I don't have a dedicated work space so I usually use the kitchen table and just lay down an old towel to protect the guitar from any scratches. Should I invest in some kind of a mat as well?
I own it and like it, but I am pretty much a rookie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts