The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first attemp at putting together a parts guitar,

It going to be a Tele style , I have picked up a S1-switching controls, with a Samarium Cobalt pickup ( from a American Tele Deluxe ash) for the bridge and I want to put a Humbucking pickup in the neck , I also got the wiring diagram from the fender web sight , the wiring is straight forward if I was using a similar pickup in the neck, The Colbalt is three wires, But I want to put a humbucking in there, anybody know what type or kind will work with set up.

as a side note does the control cavety need to be sheilded ??

Here's another question are the SCN Pickups like humbuckers , they looked like stacked single coils.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
any humbucker will workm you should be able to find a wiring diagram at seymour duncan's website (what you're doing is usually called "keefe" configuration, after keith richards). this will be different though as scn pickups aren't "like" humbuckers, they ARE humbuckers. most hums (not all) have 3 wires, i know that. specifics are beyond my "on hand" knowledge, you might need to contact a tech, or perhaps someone here knows their wiring better than i?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any humbucker will workm you should be able to find a wiring diagram at seymour duncan's website (what you're doing is usually called "keefe" configuration, after keith richards). this will be different though as scn pickups aren't "like" humbuckers, they ARE humbuckers. most hums (not all) have 3 wires, i know that. specifics are beyond my "on hand" knowledge, you might need to contact a tech, or perhaps someone here knows their wiring better than i?
Thx at least that clears up some questions.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
I think what might cause some confusion is knowing which colour of wire is for what. Stewmac has an excellent chart for this.

Some Seymour Duncan humbuckers have 4 wires (plus a bare ground wire) for coil splitting and some have a single conductor with a braided shield.

I'm not specifically familiar with SCN pickups.

Dave

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what might cause some confusion is knowing which colour of wire is for what. Stewmac has an excellent chart for this.

Some Seymour Duncan humbuckers have 4 wires (plus a bare ground wire) for coil splitting and some have a single conductor with a braided shield.

I'm not specifically familiar with SCN pickups.

Dave

The scn are the Samarium Cobalt Noisless buy fender and I think Bill Lawrence help design them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts