The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Dog Day!
Some of you may remember our beloved Charlie passed away a few weeks back. We were also robbed the week after.
Well...meet Zeus! He's a bit over a year and already 110lbs. Rottweiller Shepard mix.
Very nice temperament.
He is very strong! He's very gentle, we were walking him before bringing him in the house with this body harness on, and it snapped, and he almost escaped. Without thinking, I grabbed him around the waist....not a smart move, but he only whirled around and was more scared than anything.
Here he is...he is super hard to get in a picture as he does not stop!

IMG_1814[1].JPG

IMG_1815[1].JPG

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's Chef. He's not a fan of Zeus. He's a grouchy old guy. But Zeus is very respectful and slightly scared. Chef has nipped him, and he backs of right away. He is totally non agressive. He tries to say hi to the cats, but he's pretty much terrified of them.
Typical Rottweiler behaviour. They are know to be big babies.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My neighbour had one just like that. Mean-looking as all get out but the gentlest dog possible. My cat used to go over and visit with him and the dog would greet him with a sniff or two and my (declawed) cat would always slap him in the face in response. Dog never said boo and my cat just always got away with it. Kind of funny. Great dog.

·
Premium Member
16,817 Posts
There was a rottie on my street growing up and I was sure to give her a wide berth. I think she was grouchy.

Thats a gorgeous dog you have there.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are getting along fine. The little dog shows his teeth, but Zeus just kind of ignores him and literally dances around him. He is amazingly graceful. He follows me around, and I turn around and bump into as I don't hear a thing.
Poor guy already got it once in the nose from the cat. He didn't do anything at all. Not even really scared.
Zeus and the liitle guy, Chef, are exactly like these guys, only reversed.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
He is a nice looking dog. I expected a darker coat but it looks like he is a short haired German Shepherd with a Rottie head and chest.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am now pretty sure he is half Huskie and not shepard. I slept in today, and when I go up, he spoke to me for a good 10-15 seconds. If you have ever heard a Huskie talk, you know what I mean. Plus his tail curls into a perfect circle, and he is shedding like crazy, but all the fur is very light, cream colored.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts