The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fryette Memphis has become my main amp, beating out my Electradyne, Rivera M60, and even my long-loved Venus 6!
After a lot of searching I found a Fatbottom 2x12 and a Deliverance 4x12 in Canada and (painfully) shipped them to the Yukon.
But, damn, am I happy! What a sound! The 4x12 has two P50E's (Eminence) and two V30's, while the 2x12 came with P50E's. I'm going to put all four P50E's in the 4x12 and the two V30's in the 2x12.
Right now the 2x12 has a Gold and a Cream in it, but that was just for a test. (They sound great in the Highs and Mids, but I'm getting a boomy Bass that I hadn't expected. I think it's the cab.)
But, so far, I'm digging the big mix of speakers.
Yay!

Guitar amplifier Electronic instrument Audio equipment Electronics Technology
Electronic instrument Electronic device Technology Gadget Multimedia

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Isn't it great when a trade works out. That amp sounds great with P50E's. I used with a 1x12 with a P50E. Can't imagine how it sounds with four of them.

P.S. the McInturff is still my number one. I miss the Memphis but honestly I think my Mesa TA-30 is it's equal.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't it great when a trade works out. That amp sounds great with P50E's. I used with a 1x12 with a P50E. Can't imagine how it sounds with four of them.

P.S. the McInturff is still my number one. I miss the Memphis but honestly I think my Mesa TA-30 is it's equal.
I'm glad you're still happy with that trade, too! That McInturff was a fine axe.
The Memphis sounds fantastic with P50E's x 4! I'm going to keep my eyes open for a pair of those Fane F70's Fryette is using to use in my 2x12.

My cup runneth over.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course, a McInturff into a Memphis is pure Glory!

Guitar Musical instrument Electric guitar Electronic instrument Guitar amplifier

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought this was going to be about a Pittbull!
I'm so impressed with this Fryette that it wouldn't surprise me if I accumulate a few different flavours, just to try them out.
I've heard great things about the Pitbull and the Deliverance 60/120.

·
Premium Member
9,988 Posts
I've said it on other threads and many times, the combo Memphis I had was the best combo I ever owned. I traded it to Dave, then immediately joined a band where I could have used it, and spent 2 fruitless years begging him HE OF ALL PEOPLE THE FLIPPERMAN to sell it back to me. LOL.

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
I've said it on other threads and many times, the combo Memphis I had was the best combo I ever owned. I traded it to Dave, then immediately joined a band where I could have used it, and spent 2 fruitless years begging him HE OF ALL PEOPLE THE FLIPPERMAN to sell it back to me. LOL.
And yet when it was available you'd already moved on, LOL. I regret selling it to this day.

Moot - HOT DAMN!

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm a fan, too. I would love to try an Aether but they're a bit pricey and I don't know anyone that's every bought one. It would be a massive leap of faith. No one here stocks any Fryette that I know of.

Reactions: Moot

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
I had a Pitbull 45 that was also very good but the Memphis was a complete home run.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Yes, when Kerry was selling this, it got my spider senses tingling. But I'm pretty amped up - and my LSS is such a similar platform I just couldn't do it. I'm glad it went to a great home and will be used and appreciated. Very cool setup. Congrats, @Moot .

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
Yes, when Kerry was selling this, it got my spider senses tingling. But I'm pretty amped up - and my LSS is such a similar platform I just couldn't do it. I'm glad it went to a great home and will be used and appreciated. Very cool setup. Congrats, @Moot .
LSS is also a wonderful amp!

·
Premium Member
19,069 Posts
I had a Pitbull 45 that was also very good but the Memphis was a complete home run.
Without knowing a thing about the Memphis, I am willing to bet that they were two very different amps in regards to sounds available.

Now that VHT/Fryette is out of the scope of the trendy crowd, I think they have come down in price. Can't say I've seen much VHT/Fryette gear for sale anywhere as of late. Good to know the Memphis line is a tone machine!

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
Without knowing a thing about the Memphis, I am willing to bet that they were two very different amps in regards to sounds available.

Now that VHT/Fryette is out of the scope of the trendy crowd, I think they have come down in price. Can't say I've seen much VHT/Fryette gear for sale anywhere as of late. Good to know the Memphis line is a tone machine!
Memphis might be too "soft" for you, the Pitbull was a much more aggressive amp.

·
Premium Member
19,069 Posts
Memphis might be too "soft" for you, the Pitbull was a much more aggressive amp.
Hey now, I appreciate great cleans and medium gain tones :p. Hell, my live tone is a barely-saturated Marshall.

That being said, I got to try a Pittbull exactly once and it was awesome for metal.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, yeah,.. four P50E's sound fantastic in one cab!
The 2x12 now houses a Gold and a Creamback H, and they're an awesome combination; very well balanced, bright yet smooth. Of course they sound great with the Deliverance cab.
Still waiting for the Fane F70's to make it to Canada. Might be a while.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts