The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20191214_100130.jpg

New to me line 6 powercab 112 plus. Powered FRFR cab with cab sims, the ability to load IR's, plus you can control IR changes from the helix.

It definitely sounds better than the practice amp I was using this past week. I havent really messed with high gain tones, but I made a clean AC30 patch that I like. I may buy an IR pack, but it's not terribly likely.

The digital rig is complete. This cab works ok for bass use, but I wouldn't try to gig that setup.

Now someone please buy my 412 ;)

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like mine a lot. Congrats!
Thanks! Running it flat for now while I learn the LT a bit better. Any tips or favourites, let me know!

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Thanks! Running it flat for now while I learn the LT a bit better. Any tips or favourites, let me know!
I haven’t even connected my LT to the computer yet, so I’m just running it with whatever firmware it came with. I hear the updates are great, so I will likely connect it at some point. I like the Plexi Monster preset and Texas Flood is alright. There’s one called Jailbreak that sound good, too. I tweak them a bit depending on what guitar I’m playing, but I haven’t really gone into the signal chain a lot.

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t even connected my LT to the computer yet, so I’m just running it with whatever firmware it came with. I hear the updates are great, so I will likely connect it at some point. I like the Plexi Monster preset and Texas Flood is alright. There’s one called Jailbreak that sound good, too. I tweak them a bit depending on what guitar I’m playing, but I haven’t really gone into the signal chain a lot.
Update it! Haha.

I just downloaded the update for the powercab - there's 6 or 7 new cab sims to play with. Going to install that tonight before I go out.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,834 Posts
Been using Helix myself for a few years. Love it. I was going to pair it with a Neo CLR, but the powercab and a few other options have popped up that pique my interest.

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Been using Helix myself for a few years. Love it. I was going to pair it with a Neo CLR, but the powercab and a few other options have popped up that pique my interest.
Editing previous post - the non plus 112 is $799.

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to a jam yesterday with mine, no issues.

·
Premium Member
16,667 Posts
I think you have a very flexible rig with huge potential.

Enjoy.

I just realized that in buying the Katana Mk2 head I can use it (with a guitar cab) as a powered speaker for my other modelers if I want.

·
Premium Member
12,020 Posts
I think you have a very flexible rig with huge potential.

Enjoy.

I just realized that in buying the Katana Mk2 head I can use it (with a guitar cab) as a powered speaker for my other modelers if I want.
I assume you mean by going into the FX return? Quite a few people use modeler into a guitar amp that way for stage monitoring, both tube and SS amps.

With a PowerCab or other similar FRFR speaker, you'd want to incorporate speaker emulation (IR's). Through a standard guitar cab, you'd want to turn speaker emulation off.

·
Premium Member
16,667 Posts
I assume you mean by going into the FX return? Quite a few people use modeler into a guitar amp that way for stage monitoring, both tube and SS amps.

With a PowerCab or other similar FRFR speaker, you'd want to incorporate speaker emulation (IR's). Through a standard guitar cab, you'd want to turn speaker emulation off.
No, the Mk2 has a power amp input that is more suitable to use for that application.

It also has an effects loop.

·
Registered
374 Posts

The Powercabs include speaker models, and so you don't need to use IRs (although you can upload them if preferred).

·
Premium Member
LsL Saticoy One, Suhr Alt T Pro, Suhr Strat, Knaggs Choptank, Fender CS Tele
47 Posts
Love my Powercabs. I run two of them, the stereo imaging is out of this world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts