The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted a curly cable for some time but disliked the bright shrink wrap colours on the jacks of all that I had seen before.

Finally spotted one from Vox with nice connectors and no bling. Just simple plain chrome coolness.

Looks like a snake all curled up. Perhaps a King Snake amp would go well with it...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I use one of those Vox curly cables...they're expensive but well worth it. Much nicer than the Yorkville or Ernie Ball ones that L&M flog...

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I think the coily cables are cool, but they work out to about 30 feet. Have you tried any side-by-side testing with a 10 foot cable to see if the increased capacitance of the longer cable makes any difference? I've seen some videos that seem to show it does, but I'd be curious to know what it's like in the real world.

And even if it does make a difference, that doesn't make it bad. Most wireless rigs these days try to simulate the effect of the cable on the tone. Maybe all the electrons spinning in circles down the coiled cable give you a "rounder" tone. ;)

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I think the coily cables are cool, but they work out to about 30 feet. Have you tried any side-by-side testing with a 10 foot cable to see if the increased capacitance of the longer cable makes any difference? I've seen some videos that seem to show it does, but I'd be curious to know what it's like in the real world.

And even if it does make a difference, that doesn't make it bad. Most wireless rigs these days try to simulate the effect of the cable on the tone. Maybe all the electrons spinning in circles down the coiled cable give you a "rounder" tone. ;)
If you take all the shielding off, your tone will be able to “breathe”.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I will have to do a comparison test on sound impact. The first notable diference is the weight. Lightly stretching out the coils helped with this, and I think it will take a bit of time to adjaut to the change.

But so far so good. I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts