1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Nice !! What did you have to mortgage?

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
I like the look and the idea of motorcycles, and I'm always struck by a bit of envy, but my practical needs aren't met with one.

Congratulations, it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Nice ride. I haven't owned a bike for many years but each time I see something like this I get the urge to get another one. I like the subtle green that Kawasaki put on the bike. Being a Kawasaki, it's got to have green on it somewhere. How long has it been since you've owned your last bike?

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Well this is disappointing, I was expecting to see a cool bass. Congrats I suppose ;)

Reactions: cheezyridr

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice !! What did you have to mortgage?
3k down, 114/month x 60 @ 4.9% i got $1000 off because it's a leftover, plus 15% off anything i buy there for the next 3 yrs, (gear, accessories, parts & labor. etc). not a bad deal if i do say.

Nice ride. I haven't owned a bike for many years but each time I see something like this I get the urge to get another one. I like the subtle green that Kawasaki put on the bike. Being a Kawasaki, it's got to have green on it somewhere. How long has it been since you've owned your last bike?
i sold my bike right after i came to canada in 06. i expected a huge deterioration in skills, but am so far surprised at how natural it all feels. as if i never stopped. of course, i haven't tested whether or not i can still u turn inside of one lane or drag the pegs in a circle but i still remember how, i suppose it's more a matter of me getting feel for the bike. with the brand new tires, i don't lean too hard right away anyhow, until i get some wear on them.

i have approached it all differently this time. delaware law requires a helmet on the bike, but not on my head. previously i only wore a helmet on long freeway trips. even then it was a brain bucket, unless it was rainy or cold. now i have abandoned the "lords of flatbush" look for more functional gear. i went with a joe rocket textile jacket, with high viz accents, vents, waterproofing and armor in the shoulders, elbows and spine. i have the matching over- pants that zip to the jacket. it has knee and thigh armor. i have a full-face modular helmet that i'll wear most of the time and only use the brain bucket for short trips in hot weather. i still need to pick up hard bags and a windshield, but i will have them eventually. the bike is pretty quiet, and i love the idea of knowing i can scoot out of the neighborhood without waking anyone. no matter what anyone tells you, loud pipes don't save jack shit. i have done the math myself. i have no need to impress anyone with my coolness. i just like riding.

i came REALLY close to buying a pristine valkyrie for the same price but the bank would not give me the same interest on a 15 yr old bike. i have wanted one since forever, but i have more than one purpose for obtaining this loan. i am trying to build credit so i can eventually buy a small house. i could have paid cash for a nice used bike, but then i wouldn't have a payment history. without 3 ungrateful parasites to weigh me down, my financial situation is waaayyyy better than it used to be. i'm trying to be smart instead of blowing it all on candy and gum. hahahaha

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Glad to see you haven't lost your skills. As you know, most bike accidents happen early in the year when we haven't been on them for awhile and road rash ain't funny. I still have some from 43 years ago that never went completely away. Glad to see things are better for you financially as well. Ride safe.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
i have a full-face modular helmet that i'll wear most of the time...
...the bike is pretty quiet, and i love the idea of knowing i can scoot out of the neighborhood without waking anyone. no matter what anyone tells you, loud pipes don't save jack shit. i have done the math myself. i have no need to impress anyone with my coolness. i just like riding.
Right on. Bees or other bugs in the face suck. Stock pipes save you from a lot of extra attention from the five-oh.
Were you aware of the bike insurance rates up here and how do they compare where you are now?

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Right on. Bees or other bugs in the face suck. Stock pipes save you from a lot of extra attention from the five-oh.
Were you aware of the bike insurance rates up here and how do they compare where you are now?

well, i don't have any direct comparison, but this much i can tell you.
in 2010 or so i was about to buy (in canada) an 85 fj1100. i was quoted $6k/yr, bare minimum liability required by law. and mandatory to buy a year at a time even though you cant ride all year. this is for a bike worth at the time, $1500.
the bike i just insured here for a year was like $432/yr for full coverage. that's through dairy land ins. my auto is with progressive, so i called them 1st/ they quoted $969/yr, so i never called them back.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
That's an amazing price for full coverage. As I'm not always 100% on the terminology, that includes fire & theft?

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Are you riding yet down there or is it still too cold?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts