The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
Killer man. Absolutely amazing.

I kid you not, when I put hand would MJS pickups in my neck thru body Japanese bass, it became a monster. Yours is a beauty.

Got ask. What did it set you back for?

Gotta love the neck thru MIJ stuff.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got ask. What did it set you back for?
I saw the add and the asking price was more then reasonable but... had lots of expenses lately and could not justify the purchase .... Remorse set in later in the day and decided to write to the seller. In a very nice manner, expressing that his bass was nice and that I would love to get it, but could only afford 4 bills for it at the present moment if ever he would consider it . He accepted ! :eek:

So went and got it right away...

Seeing that the bass was mint and unplayed, was not worried about the instrument. All Mat made instrument I come across have never let me down. This is one of the top models from Westone and are quite scarced in North America for some reason, they were mostly distributed in the UK. I contemplated buying one several times of evilbay but shipping and duty always a big deterrent...

So happy to find one local !!!

I'm in heaven... :cool:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$400 is a steal. Really. I'm quite impressed. Your v-pick will love that bass.

Can you believe the add was over 2 weeks old !!! o_O

Actually, I`m more impressed then you... This thing is a masterpiece...:cool:

The V-pick actually likes my strat !;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
that is a truly stunning piece of lumber! I'm very happy for you. Its great to see the old obscure instruments wind up with someone who really appreciates them. Nice find.

Reactions: sambonee

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
P pickup looks like an old dimarzio. Congrats!

Not certain about the Dimarzios... I know that Matsumoku were producing theyre own pick ups in the early 80`s that did compete with Dimarzio... this is the only info I have . Hard Puncher and super Boomer jazz pup...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts