The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it's a sweety! Traded for it yesterday, but I've wanted a German Warwick for ages. It's everything I hoped for. I wasn't sure I would be happy with the passive MEC picups, but I really am. There is a lot of tonal variety with the sweep of the pickup blend knob.

https://goo.gl/photos/unY93ukT7By9KmSaA

Someday I'll understand how to link a picture from my google pictures to this forum...

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
662 Posts
Those warwicks are great basses. I've been interested in a 6 string thumb for a long long time, but they can go for $3k plus.

How do you find the neck profile on the corvette compared to the atk? I've been interested in warwicks, but have only played a small handful because they're not available often in my area. A lot of people hate their neck profiles, have any comments on that?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I gleaned from talkbass that Warwick neck profiles were shallower and narrower when this bass was built. It feels a lot like a nice fast jazz bass neck, the ATK is a fatter D, much more P bass in shape.

Nope little mountain didn't work either... Gonna have to use a hosting site or pay a membership i guess

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Warwicks, or J style pups (just not my bag, but they can be some nice players), but like others have said, that's a sweet ATK - those are seriously under rated and affordable. And that's amazing praise from me considering the complete lack of a neck pickup (not even sweet-spot P position but bridge only - makes up for it with that triple coil which carries on the grand mudbucker tradition).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nope little mountain didn't work either... Gonna have to use a hosting site or pay a membership i guess
I use the Imgur phone app. I simply upload my photos on the app in a private folder, copy the link and then click the little "mountain" Icon and paste my link. It's quick, painless and free to use!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts