The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it last night via a really interesting guy from Ottawa.

The deal came together rather strangely. He was interested in an amp I was selling and we agreed on a price but I was skeptical when he said he was coming from Ottawa. Plans were made to arrange pickup a couple of times but they kept falling through and it looked like it wasn't gonna happen. When I saw this bass come up on kijiji in Ottawa for a little less then the price of the amp I contacted him and suggested a deal where if he bought the bass I would trade him the amp straight up. He agreed and that got the whole deal back on it's feet and moving.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Love my T-40... would never sell it. My pick up rings are starting to crack, how are yours ?

Congrats on a great deal and great bass!

Yes its heavy but the sound.... is amazing...

·
Premium Member
8,613 Posts
I've always heard they sound fab, but haven't got to own one yet. Seen a couple way overpriced beaters at L&M locally the last couple years. Lots of good info, they can apparently do a really good Ric voicing, among many other tricks.

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
They seem cool and get a bit of love in the "alternative" scenes. Enjoy yours!

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
I had this for awhile. Great pickups, but the rest of it was disappointing. Look at the bridge held on with a single screw holding it on. Typical of the lack of quality everywhere else. Sold it for $100. T-26.
IMG_0903.PNG

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
But the T-60 was sheer genius. Dead heavy & pencil neck, but sure a lotta sounds in there.
The OP's bass looks great. I played a Peavey bass in a band for two or three years. Made nothing but money with it. My son has it now and he loves it too.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
$100 was steal.
LOL. I pointed out every weakness in the guitar and the guy still bought it. I felt so bad I threw in a distortion pedal.

I see they are going for big bucks on Reverb. Maybe he made money off it, which makes him a lot smarter than me, eh?

I only paid $100 on eBay. That was the last time I bought a guitar without trying it first. Huge disappointment. I bought it as a small travel guitar, but it didn't work out.

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
How's the weight ? They're great basses but they can be heavy .
They certainly can be, but I saw one just before a pandemic was declared--and it was actually light, I have guitars heavier than it.
The price was fair, but not what I was looking for at the time, but I was tempted.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
@Dr.StephanHelmer

A T-45, I think that's the Peavey Bass for me.

Can you comment on the differences between that and the T-40?

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Nice score - don't see many with rosewood boards (I don't like maple).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts