The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it. I finally bought a bass guitar to learn to play. And it's a beauty.

She's a Squire Classic Vibe 50's Precision Bass in Lake Placid Blue. Big fat neck with tiny frets. Electronics are perfect. Aside from a few dings on the edges the finish is stunning in person. The picture doesn't come close to showing the sparkle it has in the sunlight.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Love those basses! Was heavily considering buying one when they first came out, but I went a different route instead because I had a great p-bass already.

Looks like an excellent instrument, time to play the snot out of it!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The CV50's Strat is a marvel. I had one for a while. The Toneriders in it are incredible. I didn't believe it, so I got a set of 65 Gray Bottom fresh out of a Custom Shop Fender Strat. I figured the skies would open and the angels would sing. They didn't. One month later, Toneriders went back in and Custom Shop pups got traded for a pair of Gibson P94.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The CV50's Styrat is a marvel. I had one for a while. The Toneriders in it are incredible. I didn't believe it, so I got a set of 65 Gray Bottom fresh out of a Custom Shop Fender Strat. I figured the skies would open and the angels would sing. They didn't. One month later, Toneriders went back in and Custom Shop pups got traded for a pair of Gibson P94.
Your not kidding. My bandmate is a big strat guy. He had a SRV style Partscaster with CS Texas specials in it as his #1, and a early 2000s Am Std. and a 70's lawsuit MIJ for backups. He got a beat up, spray painted CV50s for 75 bucks one day and it became the new #1.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good for you on the new bass. I have a 60's CV Precision bass and I love it. They did a great job with the CV line. Congrats and enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts