The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did yesterday morning what I wasn't suppose to do... I looked at the for sale adds...

And obviously came across this bass that I just could not pass up on... This thing was dirty as hell and could not even play it to verify if it worked since the seller had no equipment but got her even so. Happy to say everything is in working order just lots and lots of cleaning to do on it... pots also need cleaning which will be the biggest job and a new bone nut need to be cut for it.

Here are some quick pics after the first cleaning.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
That's very cool.

I'm not enamored by a lot of that late 60s/early 70s Japanese stuff - it looks cheezy to me. But this just rocks, IMO. I'd put roundwounds on that and rock it like I stole it.

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Very nice, was that from Kijiji Montreal? I came within a hair of snagging it myself. If that's the one, my honesty cost you a couple hundred bucks. He had it listed originally for 300$ and I told him it was worth more and offered 500$.
They sell for over a grand on Reverb, so 500$ is still a steal. I would have got it if it wasn't for having my kids in hockey and no time.
They are excellent basses, and short scale to boot!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my honesty cost you a couple hundred bucks.
Oh Great ! :confused:

Its not enough that I have to compete with all the resellers out there that buy every decent deal to resell on Reverb....

Almost impossible to enjoy my hobbies these days...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Actually, I only told him 500$ as I was 99% sure at the time I was going to take it. Otherwise, it would have been gone in an hour at 300$. Something came up and it was too far for me to drive so I told him I couldn't make it and to pass it on to the next buyer.
He edited the ad and put 550$. But, the last one on Reverb went for 1200$ US so 500$ is still a killer deal for an awesome bass.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Scale??

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice looking bass!

Are you going to try flats on it?
Thanks... Great bass, been playing it almost every night since I got it... and I dont need to plug it in an amp ...

It has flats on it right now and will put new flats on her one I change the bone nut on it... lack of time at the present moment. Been pulling off some amazing Pink Floyd with its current state... Love the sound.

·
Registered
10,494 Posts
Thanks... Great bass, been playing it almost every night since I got it... and I dont need to plug it in an amp ...

It has flats on it right now and will put new flats on her one I change the bone nut on it... lack of time at the present moment. Been pulling off some amazing Pink Floyd with its current state... Love the sound.
Is it a bit shorter scale than a Fender?

I've been wanting to get a bass for a while, so I'll be looking around more after Christmas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts