The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

If for example a close friend of mine found a hypothetical National Resonator circa 2004 on the interwebs....
Now say that close friend would want that axe in question to be added to his already burgeoning collection. What should I recommend to him as a fair price to offer to the hypothetical seller?

Let's say the guitar has been played but well maintained

Markus

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I sold a 2014 National Dueco two years ago for $2500 if that helps. Not a huge market for resonators. I think National started using better cones in 2009 as well. To be honest I’d say $ 1800-2000. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responses
This is a metal roundneck 14 fret

Ducco is a finish. Originally Dueco but seems the spelling is different. Sort of a distressed metal finish but silver metallic looking. just not high gloss as in the "Knopfler/brothers in arms" cover guitar

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Anything from the National Resophonic company is worth at least $2000-I have owned a few and only regret selling the first one I ever owned-it was a wood body Jazz Blues model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was in your position a couple of years ago. 12th Fret had a National Style "O" for sale.
They said the price went up 50% after Brothers is Arms was released.
For what it's worth I had it home for a week and just couldn't bond with it.
Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA

Yup MK makes is look soooo easy.
I never got the guitar. Someone snagged it

But one day I will. I have played them and I love how they fight back. It is a strange animal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts