The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've found one of the most versatile guitars, I've ever played. I picked up a black Nashville Tele for $400 Cdn with Tweed case and have to say that I love the different tones I can coax out of this thing. The only thing I think I'll change on it is to install a switch to give me neck/bridge pups together.

I'd recommend one of these to anyone caught between choosing a Tele and a Strat.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
gpower said:
I think I've found one of the most versatile guitars, I've ever played. I picked up a black Nashville Tele for $400 Cdn with Tweed case and have to say that I love the different tones I can coax out of this thing. The only thing I think I'll change on it is to install a switch to give me neck/bridge pups together. I'd recommend one of these to anyone caught between choosing a Tele and a Strat.

...i agree! i have a sunburst '96 tele deluxe plus that came with three gold lace sensors, recently replaced with suhr single coils. it also came with that mini-switch so you can get all three pickups, or just the bridge and neck.

of all my guitars, this is my favourite.

-dh

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree too! Although this hasn't been able to cure my Strat addiction, (still sounds different from Strats), it's a very cool guitar. The B-Bender is just a buzz to mess around with while jamming.

Maybe some electronics mods are in order.. stock pickups here. I also miss the 'middle only' pickup, which I use regularly on my Strats. This Tele has a five-way, but the middle switch setting gives you combined bridge/neck like any normal Tele.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
gpower said:
I think I've found one of the most versatile guitars, I've ever played. I picked up a black Nashville Tele for $400 Cdn with Tweed case and have to say that I love the different tones I can coax out of this thing. The only thing I think I'll change on it is to install a switch to give me neck/bridge pups together.

I'd recommend one of these to anyone caught between choosing a Tele and a Strat.

I modified my Standard American to the nashville style I too love the tones. Not exactly a strat but great tones all the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts