The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the stuff going on over the holidays & feeling under the weather I forgot to check until today (Well I did check before it was posted as well--many times)
But here are some fine oddities from the 2017 NAMM show--almost time for the 2018 show now...

NAMM Oddities 2017

Worth a look--lots of fun stuff.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
The "Other Goodies" page has some nice pedal stuff.

The Plus Pedal looked pretty cool at NAMM last year. Kind of like a Freeze. I'd like to try one some day. Although I think the Freqout might be more what I'm looking for.

Classic Audio Effects also make some pretty neat looking pedals with a built-in expression roller. I think expression pedals are awesome, so to build one into a small pedal is nice to see. (It's been done before, but not nearly as compact.) However, I think they assigned the roller to the wrong things on some pedals, or they should have been user assignable (On a delay pedal I'd rather control feedback & mix by expression rather than time). Maybe they will create the ultimate space-saver and make a switchable volume/expression roller pedal some day... one can only hope.

Side note: Why does no one make a volume/expression pedal that you can easily switch between the two with a toe switch or something? Seems it would be easy to make and very useful, but no one makes one that I can find!

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part of why I like the site is seeing things that would be cool--but I also like seeing stuff that is odd, that I would never buy.
I also like looking at the older years and see what actually did last, what came & went--and what never was...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts