·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
It's already being discussed here:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/gibson-a-no-show-at-namm-2018.186745/

If I were the VP of Marketing at Gibson, I'd skip NAMM, too. Trade shows are expensive and setting up at NAMM would have dubious ROI for Gibson. The days of marketing departments spending like drunken sailors and schmoozing are over, from what I've seen, with the exception of maybe tourism. Everything needs to be data-driven and show a proven ROI of some form or another.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
jdto, you aren't going to take this glorious moment

away from Steadly, are you? :)

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
WWISS? (what would Iron Sheik say?)
American expensive guitars, ptooey!
Gibson guitars, ptooey!
Cheap foreign guitars is best!!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's already being discussed here:
https://www.guitarscanada.com/index.php?threads/gibson-a-no-show-at-namm-2018.186745/

If I were the VP of Marketing at Gibson, I'd skip NAMM, too. Trade shows are expensive and setting up at NAMM would have dubious ROI for Gibson. The days of marketing departments spending like drunken sailors and schmoozing are over, from what I've seen, with the exception of maybe tourism. Everything needs to be data-driven and show a proven ROI of some form or another.
That's okay. There will be a lot of NAMM stuff to come in the next month or so. Here is a preview of what Schecter is going to be showing.

NAMM 2018: Schecter unveils 19 new electric guitars | MusicRadar

As per New Year tradition, Schecter has dropped its weighty NAMM line-up ahead of the show itself, and it’s surprisingly varied.

Sure, there’s the usual Synyster Gates revamp, Sustainiac options and Floyd Rose upgrades, but 2018 adds multi-scales, Fishman Fluence pickups, gradient finishes and retro thrills with the likes of the Coupe and Spitfire. Something for everyone, then.

Reactions: Diablo and jdto

·
Registered
662 Posts
It’s been a long time since anything Schecter has offered has even remotely interested me; they’ve been way too Numetal-Blingy for the last decade, and every other model that interested me was only offered in 7+ strings.

But I’m actually quite excited about this lineup. That Koa explorer looks great, and there are a lot of 6 strings with toned down aesthetics making a comeback. I’d say there’s a little bit of choice for all markets, and I think that’s a great move on schecters part.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
That's okay. There will be a lot of NAMM stuff to come in the next month or so. Here is a preview of what Schecter is going to be showing.

NAMM 2018: Schecter unveils 19 new electric guitars | MusicRadar

As per New Year tradition, Schecter has dropped its weighty NAMM line-up ahead of the show itself, and it’s surprisingly varied.

Sure, there’s the usual Synyster Gates revamp, Sustainiac options and Floyd Rose upgrades, but 2018 adds multi-scales, Fishman Fluence pickups, gradient finishes and retro thrills with the likes of the Coupe and Spitfire. Something for everyone, then.
As a general NAMM news thread, sure, but I was referring you to an already lengthy discussion of the Gibson news. Schecter doesn't really do it for me, although the one with the Bigsby and Filtertrons looks interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I have had a Schechter tempest custom for .. some amount of time that I forget, somewhere over 10 years.
It was my gigging guitar when I actually played music outside of my living room.
Recently I swapped out the pickups for a Dimarzio.....tone zone? maybe? and a Dimarzio Titan and I love it.
It doesn't get as much playing time as some of my new guitars but I cant foresee myself ever getting rid of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts