The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a small body acoustic for a couple of months now and this one checked all the boxes. It's a 1974 Guild F-20 Troubadour in burst. It has a few battle scars but I love a guitar that looks like it's been to a party or a campfire. There is a pickup installed under the bridge. I can't find any information on a Guild F-20 that came with a factory pickup but there is a YouTube video where a guy is playing one and the jack placement is identical to mine--but I think that might be this actual guitar in that video.

It even came with it's original Guild-badged chipboard case that's in 7/10 condition.

Very crisp and clear all the way up the neck, great sustain, small neck--overall a pretty awesome guitar.
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument

Guitar Acoustic guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

String instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nice score. Guild guitars from that era are great guitars. I have a 74 Guild F212XL with a lot more bruises and bumps than your's and it is my daily player.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
11,962 Posts
Very cool and interesting guitar.

There was an otherwise similar dreadnought model of that period that made an impression on me when I found it in the mid '90s, and I should have bought it rather than waffling until someone else did.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Came in looking for tubes (NewAmpDay). Leaving confused (Acoustics aren't my thing), but strangely satisfied. Nice score, G.
Ha. That didn't occur to me when I posted. Added a "G" to the title to avoid any further confusion :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts