The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a small body acoustic for a couple of months now and this one checked all the boxes. It's a 1974 Guild F-20 Troubadour in burst. It has a few battle scars but I love a guitar that looks like it's been to a party or a campfire. There is a pickup installed under the bridge. I can't find any information on a Guild F-20 that came with a factory pickup but there is a YouTube video where a guy is playing one and the jack placement is identical to mine--but I think that might be this actual guitar in that video.

It even came with it's original Guild-badged chipboard case that's in 7/10 condition.

Very crisp and clear all the way up the neck, great sustain, small neck--overall a pretty awesome guitar.
IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nice score. Guild guitars from that era are great guitars. I have a 74 Guild F212XL with a lot more bruises and bumps than your's and it is my daily player.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Very cool and interesting guitar.

There was an otherwise similar dreadnought model of that period that made an impression on me when I found it in the mid '90s, and I should have bought it rather than waffling until someone else did.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
Came in looking for tubes (NewAmpDay). Leaving confused (Acoustics aren't my thing), but strangely satisfied. Nice score, G.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Came in looking for tubes (NewAmpDay). Leaving confused (Acoustics aren't my thing), but strangely satisfied. Nice score, G.
Ha. That didn't occur to me when I posted. Added a "G" to the title to avoid any further confusion :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts