The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I picked up a Traynor YBA 1, the 50th Anniversary model that came out in 2013. I tried one out years ago and really liked it but when I decided I wanted it I was to late, it was sold. I've been looking for one ever since and when ever I see one on sale I enquire about it. Usually they are gone or way over priced. Well last weekend I finally found one close to me at a price that was fair for both of us and I became the new proud owner of YBA 1number 4 . 1

·
Premium Member
18,779 Posts
Congrats!

I had an old YBA-2A head many years ago. I have a permanent mark from kicking myself for selling it.

ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Nice score.

How does it compare to the Mod 1 under it? The Anni certainly looks more vintage correct.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its definitely more vintage correct. I really haven't played around to much with it yet. One thing for sure it is loud. The Mod 1 wattage settings are
40-20-5-1-0.5. The Anniversay model is 40-20-10-5-2.5. Once I get some time with it I'll post more about them.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Yes its definitely more vintage correct. I really haven't played around to much with it yet. One thing for sure it is loud. The Mod 1 wattage settings are 40-20-5-1-0.5. The Anniversay model is 40-20-10-5-2.5. Once I get some time with it I'll post more about them.
I don't know if you are aware, but those adjustments are just a ladder resistive network, post PI.

I found the lowest two settings on my Mod 1 kind of useless to me so I considered mod'ing it to be more like the Anni (changing four or six 1/4 watt resistors on a fairly spaced out board - easy peasy) but never did get to it. With the PS, I just leave it WFO and the let the power section cook a little bit and control it with the re-amper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts