The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally!! Got my Katana but can't use it right now. It's in my studio/bedroom until later, still in it's cardboard box. I still have so much running around to do. Today is my only day off this week. It's like waking up at 3 am Christmas morning and you just know that all you can do is look at all those presents under the tree.

Will update later tonight when I play it!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think your going to like it.

I just watched this demo. Didn’t care too much for the clean but the crunch and distortion amps sound pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Holy mother of Mary, I was not expecting this amp to be so loud. The most I cranked was 50 watts! I blasted my son in the next room to Kingdom come. I love the FX on it. I just have to get acquainted with this amp. So many new buttons to have fun with and it's got tap delay as well. It's even got a headphone jack. Could I be any happier.

And my pedal board is basically obsolete. This amp has it all.

I have to be up at 6 which means lights out soon but screw it. I will tape my eyelids open tomorrow. ;)

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
Cool--glad to hear you love it-& had a chance to find that out
Enjoy!

Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Rock n' roll, sister!

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I really hate learning new stuff! Once I get the hang of it, things will get easier.

My accumulated wealth of knowledge has helped me with this amp. Two of the features are identical to the ones on my Vox. It makes the transition from amp to amp a little smoother.

Thank god for YouTube to the rescue.

But it's so unlike wearing a comfortable pair of shoes. (Boo hoo)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
L&M was really awesome. There customer service is excellent.

They gave me 80% of what the Marshall had depreciated to towards the purchase of the Katana which equated to $178.20. Every little bit helps. I still have over $200 in gift cards. Saving that for a rainy day.

My next mission is finding a Gibson Goddess or a Parker 2004, not older or newer but specifically that year.

On a new front I have started playing drums. Have my sons old kit in the basement. It's fun but I really lack coordination. My ankle is taking a beating on the bass drum. I tried playing VH's Hot for teacher and man what a mess. I had fun though.

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Why a 2004 specifically?

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Because that is best year of the Parker fly specifically before Ken sold the bus.
What features did 04 have that 03 didnt?

I dont know parker so Im genuinely curious. I can tell you when a few PRS changes happened though :p.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What features did 04 have that 03 didnt?

I dont know parker so Im genuinely curious. I can tell you when a few PRS changes happened though :p.
That's my personal preference. i have played both years and while there really is no difference other then the year they were made, I guess it's psychological

2004 was the only year they made the plum color.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yup, my eyelids are taped wide open this morning! No rest for the wicked.

Last night was a brief but very pleasurable walk through some kind of fantasyland/Disneyland playing this amp. I found a setting in this amp that just blew my mind. It has some reverb and delay in it. I just left on that setting for the length of my playing.

This amp just keeps getting better the more I play it.

The pedalboard is going away for a bit. Something less to trip on(I know JB I should clean up after myself! Lol)

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
On a new front I have started playing drums. Have my sons old kit in the basement. It's fun but I really lack coordination. My ankle is taking a beating on the bass drum. I tried playing VH's Hot for teacher and man what a mess. I had fun though.
Cool. I like how you're starting off with the easy stuff. :cool:

I've got a kit in my basement and just don't get into it (after the initial honeymoon phase). I wish I could play, but if I've got extra time for music, I'd rather sound good on guitar than crap on a kit. Oh well, another retirement project.

Congrats on the amp. I think putting aside the pedal board and getting to understand the amp well is a wise move. Once you get the amp sorted it, you will know if you need more stuff and the board is still around at that point in time.

Enjoy. And have rockin' xmas!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts