The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I found a Garnet Pro Reverb that had a Unique logo. The Reverb model is known to be rare and scared so was happy to find one. Having a unique logo was a bonus. After posting it another member advised me he had the same logo on his and just recently, Red Rocks amps just serviced one that also had this Unique logo. 3 for 3 so far.

All of this to say that a Pro PA 190 Reverb was advertised for sale and it had this very same Unique Logo.

Sale pics:

The amps all have brass coners, brass Rverb badge and a gold foil Garnet without the underline ( these only came in silver )

This logo

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So...

The way I see it, Gar made a special limited run of Reverb heads for the Pro series in 1969-70 and these came with a limited special unique Gold foil Logo not seen on any other amps...:eek:

So I went to get ! :D

Here is my new amp ! ;)

Push pull for individual reverb.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And yes, I know... I do have a problem... :D

Just like my othe Pro Reverb, the master Reverb is in the back with foot switch function.

Tube chart, 4 individual inputs to add different flavors or to cascade...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice!
I have one the same too, so that's 4. :)
Like you say, the reverb versions are rare. You can get very nice overdriven tones with these, and having reverb makes a huge difference.
Where the knobs for vols. say 'pull reverb' is mostly worn off on mine.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
you only have a problem when you run out of house space > 5000 sqft.
then you have to start looking at renting a warehouse / loft .:D

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
That was at Spaceman? That place gets some interesting stuff at times. They had a Garnet made Mann amp last year I should've bought...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was at Spaceman? That place gets some interesting stuff at times. They had a Garnet made Mann amp last year I should've bought...
Yep! I cald. found out it was on consignment so made an offer. The Owner made it happen ! so went to get it. ;)

Sorry you hesitated on the Mann...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts