The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This baby was for sale for the last couple of month`s locally. Finally managed to negotiate with the seller and brought it home ! The U-1011 is part of the family now !!!

Needs a good cleaning( stinks of cigarettes and beer ):confused: , new tubes, new caps... you know... the reg drill...

;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very cool! You have been on a real amp/gear buying spree lately...I am living vicariously through you...lol

Reactions: Frenchy99

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Details?

Specs?
Univox B Group - 1971

These amps were distinguished by the fact that they were convered in either light blue/dark blue vinyl or black/grey vinyl. They were combination amps with transistors and lots of tubes. As far as I can tell, almost all of the amps and cabinets were availible in both colors.

1010/1011 (1) ($605) - separate w/ 10 tubes, 105 W, 2 channels, 4 inputs, bright and normal for eah channel, volume for each channel , bass, middle and treble shared on both. presence, reverb, tremolo speed and intensity, variable impedence (8/16ohm) and a cabinet w/ 8 10" Univox Special Design speakers. Volume for channel one also had "Pull HB", a brightness/boost selector. Also has a 2-4-8 ohm switch on the back, as well as 4 separate speaker outputs, and two foot switch inputs. The handles are located on top of the head. The 1010 came with the 1011 (amp) and the 2080 (cab).

This baby has a quad of 6L6 in the power section and six 12AX7 in preamp and effect channels.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool! You have been on a real amp/gear buying spree lately...I am living vicariously through you...lol

lol... Thanks... I'm having a blast !:cool:

I`m finally able to afford the amps that I always wanted younger...;) You only live once and the hell with it, I'm going to enjoy mine as much as I can !

HNG^%$

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im having a nice cup of coffee and going over some pics. Wanted to share my little Univox collection that I currently have.

Univox U-1011 guitar head, 105 Watts circa 1972 with 4 6L6 in the power section.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Univox U-1080 P.A. head, 105 Watts circa 1972 with 4 6L6 in the power section.

Still working on it to bring it back from the dead...

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
That's a nice little museum you have there. Frankly, not sure which one I'd grab first if the grabbing was good.

However, I see a familiar logo in that last pic of the 60 watter (BTW: I am always skeptical of a 2x6L6 amp that's rated more than 40 watts, especially when the rest of the line is, comparatively, conservatively rated.... but then again 6550s need a lot higher voltages so assuming they cheaped out and used the same PT on a bunch of diff models that could be why, but I seriously digress). So, what's the config of that Riviera underneath? Looks a bit big for the ubiquitous 1x15. Have you been hiding a 4x12 from me... or even [gasp] the mythical (alleged to exist, but I have never seen any visual evidence of) 6x10 (same cab with a different baffle)?

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, what's the config of that Riviera underneath? Looks a bit big for the ubiquitous 1x15. Have you been hiding a 4x12 from me... or even [gasp] the mythical (alleged to exist, but I have never seen any visual evidence of) 6x10 (same cab with a different baffle)?
You've seen it before... Its a 115 cab.

I've never heard of or seen a 610 from Riviera! Would love for it to exist !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts