The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this will be my second YGL-1 but this one is brand new in box !!! I had a store credit of 350.00 when i sold off a lot os stuff i wasnt using anymore, pedals, sequencer, pickups, neck etc.. So decided to spoil myself for Christmas and buy new. No surprises, it is what it is and will start gigging it this week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How’s the clean on these amps and what speaker comes in them?

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Marc, I thought that you had one before.

I did, but i traded it a about 2 years ago. I dont get attached to gear that much except a few choice items.

I used mine as a clean platform in a band setting, I find the cleans to be the highlight of the amp.
They (at least used to) come with a MIC Greenback.

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just finished farting around with it for over an hour and starting to dial it in. The reverb although its not vintage spring type is good enough for some gigs. I like the fact that i can add some gain and lower the volume to get a nice bluesy type of sound. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
These are REALLY nice amps. They sound great and the looks are very cool/retro, love the sparkly grill cloth. I really like the sound with the original greenback, the made in china ones are quite good.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I’ve had my ygl-1 for 6 or 7 years now and it’s still going strong! Use it mainly as a pedal platform. I wonder about changing the greenback out just for a change...maybe a Celestine Alnico Cream?

Congrats and welcome back to the YGL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts