The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Traynor TVM10 portable, battery-powered amp yesterday at L&M:

Pretty handy little box for $99 used. Two channels, four-band EQ. Feet on three sides giving three different speaker angles and mounts on a speaker stand. Sounds nice at low-ish volumes, but gets a bit "boxy" when I push the volume with my acoustic guitar, but even then, it's still pretty usable. All I want it for is to add a bit of chutzpah for street festival/busker-type outdoor gigs. Should be perfect.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Cool.

A zillion years ago I had a pair of 50 watt Yorkville powered wedge monitors. Individually or paired they made great acoustic amps, though like yours, a little boxy (maybe stifled) when forced a bit. (Great for the bass rig, btw.) It was their awkward size that bothered my aching joints, but yours looks more joint friendly. I might be able to use the battery feature too.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I spent three days lugging one of these around barns, fields and streams as a portable PA amplifying a SM58 for a small agricultural group conference needing a mic so that everyone could hear a leader speak about the local conditions for farming. It was much more effective than a megaphone and everyone loved the clear, relaxed sound. A single charge was good for the entire gig.

My fee was gladly paid and the tip was enough to buy 2 more rigs.

I like using them when called upon to provide a small solution near water as there is practically no shock danger if someone wanders into the water after too many wobbly pops.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I bought one a few years ago. I was very pleased with how long the charge lasted and I find it works better with my FX unit than the tube amp I used to use.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I bought one a few years ago. I was surprised at how long the charge lasted. It also worked much better with my FX unit than the tube amp I used to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts