The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm trying to sew my royal oats again. I decided to move the JMP, since I need an fx loop and didn't want to put more money into it. I also wanted some nicer cleans.

I sold some gear and decided I would try the amp used by many of my heroes: The Mezzabarra

I bought the Skill 30 It's a 30 watt version of the mZero Overdrive (their flagship). I'm looking very forward to this one.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.19.27 PM.png

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
I would love to try that baby! That looks very promising. I think I could do some real damage with this. Lol

Never heard of this make of amp before.

How did you hear about this particular amp?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
just in case anyone is interested...
MEZZABARBA = Half Beard
in Italian
I have no idea why I made this post as it adds nothing to the conversation..
G.

Reactions: JMann

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
I'm confused.... what's this have to do with smart phones?

Reactions: jdto and Morkolo

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
But you had Rock and Roll Incarnate 50 in that JMP... and you're not a bad player...

and I bet the lazy J is gone.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
The Skill should sound like it’s big brother!
If this is the case , should be an awseome amp!!
Congrats!!

The first channel is derived from the M ZERO Standard in the view of granting it the best possible interface with pedals. A Bright and a Boost switch, together with the great equalizer, allow it to yield all of the sounds that a single channel amp can possibly deliver. The second channel is M ZERO Overdrive channel which starts as crunch and saturates exponentially with amazing sustain and harmonic richness, leaving musicians and audiences in awe.

The ingenious switching system does not alter the dynamic and fluidity of the amp, and allows to swap between channels in an unprecedented smooth fashion.

The innovative Power control allows the Skill to deliver a full-body, saturated sound even at very low volumes, which makes this amp a perfect tool to enjoy even at home. Finally, the switchable, full-tube effects loop allows for endless sound possibilities.
The Skill was born to Rock but can do anything, at any volume, in any place. Nothing will be the same anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to try that baby! That looks very promising. I think I could do some real damage with this. Lol

I was looking for something high gain at Cliff's website 'Destroy All Guitars'. I've bought a few amps from him and they never let me down.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Skill should sound like it’s big brother!
If this is the case , should be an awseome amp!!
Congrats!!

The first channel is derived from the M ZERO Standard in the view of granting it the best possible interface with pedals. A Bright and a Boost switch, together with the great equalizer, allow it to yield all of the sounds that a single channel amp can possibly deliver. The second channel is M ZERO Overdrive channel which starts as crunch and saturates exponentially with amazing sustain and harmonic richness, leaving musicians and audiences in awe.

The ingenious switching system does not alter the dynamic and fluidity of the amp, and allows to swap between channels in an unprecedented smooth fashion.

The innovative Power control allows the Skill to deliver a full-body, saturated sound even at very low volumes, which makes this amp a perfect tool to enjoy even at home. Finally, the switchable, full-tube effects loop allows for endless sound possibilities.
The Skill was born to Rock but can do anything, at any volume, in any place. Nothing will be the same anymore.
It should, so I'm pretty excited.

I'm anticipating that the first channel will work well with the PAL800 (which arrives monday, so keep an ear out). If it does, I'm going to order their JMP pedal as soon as it comes out.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But you had Rock and Roll Incarnate 50 in that JMP... and you're not a bad player...

and I bet the lazy J is gone.
I know, but I didn't want to mod the JMP any more, and I need an effects loop. If the PAL pedals work well, I'll probably end up with a JCM900 MKIII. I shit you not when I say my son's tone is better than mine. His strat through a JCM900 is absolutely KILLER.

So far, the lazy J feels like nothing else I play, so it has to stay. I have never had an amp that sounds like my guitar when it's played unplugged without an amp. As soon as I find an amp that does the same thing, it'll probably go if it's cheaper. The chances are pretty slim though.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
End of the world?

just in case anyone is interested...
MEZZABARBA = Half Beard
in Italian
I have no idea why I made this post as it adds nothing to the conversation..
G.
Well it is the guy's last name, so maybe Back in the Day in Italy having half a beard was just as common as being a carpenter or a Smith

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
I wonder if this new amp will be there next time I am :p.

Glad the LJ has stayed.

Surprised you didnt just buy a soldano hot rod tbh.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if this new amp will be there next time I am :p.

Glad the LJ has stayed.

Surprised you didnt just buy a soldano hot rod tbh.
It should be :)

The soldano has less features and costs more. Also, I don't know if they have any cheap parts (mezza boasts that they do not).

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
If soldanos have cheap parts, i want to know about it.

Last time i saw a used hot rod it was about $1600.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If soldanos have cheap parts, i want to know about it.

Last time i saw a used hot rod it was about $1600.
I can't find out where they're built, what's from overseas and what isn't, etc. I would need the 25, but looking at all the price for open box or used, I would've paid between $700 to $2000 more than this amp. I also can't find a demo where it sounds good. Gonna look a bit harder, because I'm curious now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts