The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0659.JPG

I've had this for a few weeks now so it's more of a belated NAD. The clean channel is really nice and has a mid shift push/pull pot which takes it from a tweed to more blackface voicing. Blackface seems to be more my thing but both modes are really nice sounding. The ninja boost on this channel gets it into rock and roll territory but I think I'll use it for pristine cleans more often.
The dirty channel is really versatile as well. With the boost off it can do very good low medium gain tones all the way to that cranked 800 type of sound. The boost kicks it up to a modern metal level of gain. The best thing about this channel is the clarity and punch it has even with the boost on and gain cranked. The FX loop sounds great too and doesn't seem to be finicky at all about which of my pedals it likes. My amp GAS has been severely reduced since spending some time with this Rivera.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Fantastic amplifier! Rivera's always sit beautifully in a live mix.
And that one's a classic. Congratulations!

L

·
0 Posts
Nice!
You'll enjoy that amp.
I used to own a 212 Fandango and I miss it.
It was too heavy for me.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! These seem like a real sleeper. I really like the individual boosts for using live. You can turn the boost for the channel you aren't using on and off so you never have to tap dance. I can play on the dirty channel with the boost off and then switch to clean with one click. Then turn the boost on while I am on the clean channel so when I switch back to dirty for a more modern lead tone I only have to click one button. Really nice design choice.
On the dual Rec with the global boost on all 3 channels I sometimes had to do a quick two tap across the 4 button switch to go from clean channel boost off to channel two or three boost on or vice versa

There's actually another one on kijiji right now for 750 which is a steal. I picked mine up for 700 and it's the most amp to dollar value I think I have ever had.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been up there for a long while, the one I got was too. I'm wondering if it's just because there aren't many people punching Rivera into the search box on kijiji or maybe don't know what the older Knuckleheads are all about. I'd love to try some of their other amps like the Fandango and Venus but there isn't a dealer anywhere near me

·
Premium Member
16,789 Posts
It's been up there for a long while, the one I got was too. I'm wondering if it's just because there aren't many people punching Rivera into the search box on kijiji or maybe don't know what the older Knuckleheads are all about. I'd love to try some of their other amps like the Fandango and Venus but there isn't a dealer anywhere near me
Despite being good amps, i think a lot of players dont know anything about rivera. Thats great news for the guys who do haha.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cleans sound really nice almost until 0 on the volume knob. Like all of the tube amps I've had, The gain channel sounds better the more you turn up but it still sounds nice at a volume I can talk over. It has a low input too but I like running it on the high input even if I'm playing fairly quiet. I'm getting distortion the mostly from the preamp so running it quiet doesn't really lose anything in the gain department, you just lose the chest cavity rattling thump the more you turn down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts