The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Nice little amp - the built in effects make this a great practice amp.
Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
When I bought my mine, 4 or 5 years, I really wish they had that one. I took a small hit and traded my combo for a head just before I retired, but I had a Saxon 1x10 cab with an Eminence Rajin Cajun (a wee bit less to ship out west)

Hm. When I think about it, I bought the cab and speaker from @Mooh at different times.

Reactions: Gimper

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I bought my mine, 4 or 5 years, I really wish they had that one. I took a small hit and traded my combo for a head just before I retired, but I had a Saxon 1x10 cab with an Eminence Rajin Cajun (a wee bit less to ship out west)

Hm. When I think about it, I bought the cab and speaker from @Mooh at different times.
I've heard the Rajin Cajun is nice alternative to the standard speaker as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice.

Looks like I might have buzzed the speaker in mine so will install the g10 greenback as replacement.
I've never played through the standard Super Champ (for comparison), but this one sounds great so far.
I've read the Greenback may be slightly less chimey than the basic Fender Branded (Eminence?) speaker.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I've never played through the standard Super Champ (for comparison), but this one sounds great so far.
I've read the Greenback may be slightly less chimey than the basic Fender Branded (Eminence?) speaker.
I haven’t got anything to compare them with just figured I’d get the greenback as it was an upgrade for the red wine rig.

It wasn’t being played all that loud compared to the 5 watt 57 champ that I was using same day. At first I thought it was the drum kit making noises but then realized it was the amp making noises a bit like rivets in a ride cymbal.

Anyway, it’s in the shop now so find out next week and go from there.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I didn’t ask what they put in it but I think if you were looking for a tube upgrade you might need to change all of them and have some idea of what the goal of the upgrade is so that it doesn’t end up being not what you thought it would be. I don’t have any direction to go on tubes so I’m gonna leave all that alone. Although if the speaker was blown I would have put the greenback into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts