The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare, vintage goodness over here! A 1965 Traynor YBA-1, tube driven rectifier era, that is in great shape and sounds just fantastic!! It has been updated with 3-prong cord, and swapped all the electrolytic/leaky caps to ensure it is prepared for all out rockin riffage too. It also had the Traynor manual suggested mod to make it play nicely with EL34's, and the previous owner was even nice enough to load all the 12ax7 spots with Philip's branded Mullards. Sounds like a slice of heaven at any volume, and the sag when pushed is dripping with oldschool rock n' roll goodness!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,312 Posts
WOW! Your new amp is very clean for a '65.
I had a YBA-2A and regret selling it.
Is this part of your collection ..or the sellers?
Impressive!!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! Your new amp is very clean for a '65.
I had a YBA-2A and regret selling it.
Is this part of your collection ..or the sellers?
Impressive!!
Thanks! I too was shocked at how good of condition it has been kept in for being just over 50 years young!!
And yeah, that's my little corner of tonal bliss.. with the exception of the 2 amps being repaired, the 2 custom amps I am getting built, and what I keep at home... hahah!

My favourite amp. Sold all my Fender and Marshalls years ago once I landed my first tube rectified bassmaster. Enjoy!

TG
Yeah, I've owned quite a few Marshall's and a couple Fender's and I can't see myself getting rid of this beauty like I did those others. I like how plucky it can get and the overdriven sounds are almost more hi-fi sounding comparatively. It's its own thing and I love it!!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats !!!

You still have any Garnets or not ?
Actually I currently do not. I did a total overhaul in the gear around this time last year. I mostly just realized that I want a BTO more than anything else. I'll either wait it out and grab one used, or get to the point where I find someone to build me a clone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts