The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up the other day, used but still new condition. I don’t really know much about these amps but I’ve had the celestian gold 12” alnico speaker before and loved it.

So I wanted a smaller tube amp to carry around to practice. This may do the trick. I’m jammed in a basement apartment for now so I haven’t had a chance to turn it up or on really. It will get a full going through this Friday. Not a fan of the colour but now I’m looking at sonic blue Strats!!

E96FBDA0-5632-441B-B60B-2D863BAF83C5.jpeg
20BDC037-DD3D-4F36-8918-A0F9630B3083.jpeg

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, picked it up at Mcquade because it was a good price. Bought it and googled it at home. Didn’t even realize it had a tube driven vibrato, sweet! I’m sure it will be a keeper.

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
I use my silverface at practice. I've got a 10" Rajin Cajun' in it which helps with headroom. I use it together with my DRRI for gigs.

I love that colour!

·
Premium Member
13,023 Posts
Me....WANT !!!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
You can’t go wrong with a good PRRI.

On it’s own they are very good amps. The right speaker makes it better. Adding a good extension cab occasionally really opens things up more; but a good speaker that does what you like in the combo is the starting point.

Finding the right pedals to make the amp bloom and sustain, makes it a difficult amp to walk away from. It took me a while to realize which pedals and which humbucker guitars make a good little non master volume amp that versatile. It is always outstanding straight into the amp with a Fender single coil pickup guitar.

I have never played one with a 12” Gold in it, but I would like to spend a few days with one to find out if it is right for me. I really like a good 10” speaker in my personal PRRI, and the ability to add an extension cab.

Spend the time and reap your rewards.

Looks good to me!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can’t wait to actually try it out tomorrow at practice. All I can do is look at it for now. The only 10” fender tube amp I had so far was the blues junior and that was a killer little amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts