The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its been AGES since I've picked up new gear, aside from the "birthday gift" to myself last fall, when I accidentally bought a Dave Grohl ES-335 (I was killing time at the local L&M and may have accidentally put my credit card in the machine and left with a guitar)

Anyways, this is a NAD thread. when i first started playing guitar a few years back, one of my first tube amps was an AC15C1. about a year later i started jamming with a group of guys and found it just wasn't the right sound - mostly because i had no idea what i was doing. I ended up selling it and getting a Phaez JTM18 which was absolutely magical and worked really well in that mix.

fast forward to today, for the last 2 years or so I've been trying to find another Vox AC15/AC30 on the kijiji with little to no luck. last week, after a long hiatus of gear searching I did a quick search and sure enough someone had posted a Vox AC15CCX with a celestion blue!!!! I ended up trading a guitar for it so no cash out of my pocket which is always nice.

the blue definitely makes a difference. this one sounds much nicer than I remember my previous vox sounding (granted that was 3-4 years ago)

got the chance to really open her up last night AND got to mess around with a new AxeFX 2, and to be honest, for the price tag, not my cup of tea.

Guitar Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar String instrument

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
BLAM!!! Good score - and with a blue too. That really makes the amp that last little bit, IMO.

And stunning guitar. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
well, its been AGES since I've picked up new gear, aside from the "birthday gift" to myself last fall, when I accidentally bought a Dave Grohl ES-335 (I was killing time at the local L&M and may have accidentally put my credit card in the machine and left with a guitar)
This.

This happens to a LOT more people than you think!

Why, just the other day…

Congrat on the new rig Blam.

I tried the DG
, was love too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.