The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all! I wasn’t happy with the bass tones I was getting for a project I’m working on and had an opportunity to pick this up as it seemed a good solution for a recording and bass amateur like me.

Really like it so far, I’ve always played bass but never really PLAYED bass and recorded etc.

The direct out and ability to increase/decrease compression with the unit itself makes sense for me.

Sounds great through a 4x10 as well.

Anyone have experience/tips with these Orange units?

2C67824B-09BF-4223-9F99-EA5E92DDAAF0.jpeg

145D83C7-198A-4D33-A92E-6F89AEE9A7DD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Basic. Simple. I like.
How much power does it kick out?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wow, another micro head to make my decision on a new amp harder and harder.

Its it pretty aggressive, like edge of breakup/fuzzy? I just imagine an Orange to be.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Orange is cool!

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
When I first saw these it was on my mental list of gear to get--amy not ever get one--but would love to try one.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, another micro head to make my decision on a new amp harder and harder.

Its it pretty aggressive, like edge of breakup/fuzzy? I just imagine an Orange to be.
I’m not very good at the descriptive word thing to describe tone especially for bass as I’m pretty new/amateurish concerning bass, but I’d say this is accurate.

Our bass player came for a covid friendly garage jamming yesterday and played through it, he loved it. He seemed to get some really clean bass tones from it, but was also able to get a little hair on it on some settings when he was digging in with a pick.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
The bassplayer in my rockabilly band had an Orange Tiny Terror bass amp. It was great.

But the form factor was bad because he mounted it in a rack case with a power conditioner and tuner. This amp would have sat in that rack nicer.

2E29269C-8492-49D5-9ADC-05B1660B372F_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: zontar
1 - 10 of 10 Posts