The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have to stop looking at adds !!!:rolleyes:

This pop up and the seller was asking 250$ as is so went for it right away...

·
Premium Member
13,084 Posts
Well, how does it sound?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Based on the speaker, should be a 1966 model... Will confirm with the PT once I open it up since it should be dated aswell.

Everything works perfectly, input 2 has a little buzz which might just be the preamp tube. Input 1 is dead quiet and very nice sounding. Both toggle switch are missing the nut screw to hold them in place, pilot light is broken and tolex corners are alll unglued.... Oh... and a rip in the front grill and missing top handle...

Basically, all cosmetic repairs to be done.... once all done and cleaned up... should look almost brand new !!! ;)

Any recommendation on the glue to use for this wall paper type of tolex ??? :confused:

Im hyped with this find :D I read that its built by Valco !!! ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P

·
0 Posts
I read contact cement works well... will try that. I was using crazy glue for small pieces on other heads but this one needs way to much glued back on.

Thanks for all the links for the Grill cloth. Did go thrue all of them and nothing matches...

The closest I found so far was this one:

36" Speaker Grill Cloth Fabric Burgundy/Beige Stripe Yard | eBay

Rubber cement is the same as contact cement. Smells to high heavens and you put it on each side and let them tack up.

I was thinking you could carefully remove the old grill cloth, then roll it around a tube, put the cloth and tube in a plastic bag inside the amp...

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking you could carefully remove the old grill cloth, then roll it around a tube, put the cloth and tube in a plastic bag inside the amp...
Will replace the grill cloth, was not about throwing it out... I keep all original parts.

I dont get the `roll around a tube though... can tack a plastic bag inside the cab with grill .

P

·
0 Posts
Will replace the grill cloth, was not about throwing it out... I keep all original parts.

I dont get the `roll around a tube though... can tack a plastic bag inside the cab with grill .
I thought the tube would help it from getting creased, but you are probably right to just put it in a bag.

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
I had a single volume control, one speaker version of that, wish I still did. Got mine at a church rummage sale in 1972 for 25 cents.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a single volume control, one speaker version of that, wish I still did. Got mine at a church rummage sale in 1972 for 25 cents.
Wow 25 cents...lol

Now that's a deal !

To bad you let it go... These are real gems ! ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used this to tolex my cab.
Home Hardware, Can Tire etc,

Thanks for the tip !

On a new cab or head, that would be the best solution.

Wondering though... On repairs for corners and small areas, is it easy to use or the spray might be problematic? To much applied ?

Just finished the first once over cleaning of the exterior... just a reg wash down with rag and small brush. My water bucket was dark black !!! :confused: Will wash it a couple of times before starting the gluing and repairs...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts