The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting with the amp. It is a MEGA amp. Not sure of the wattage...maybe 100+??
It is a huge and heavy beast as you can see by my acoustic guitar leaning up against it for size comparison.
The white push button that takes this amp from from pristine clean to face melting metal tones is temperamental.

DSCF0498.JPG

Next is my new Strat.
A highly sought after boutique "Mansfield".
Killer tone and will play like butta once I have tweaked the setup.

DSCF0500 2.JPG

$50.00 total.

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
I have/had a Strat itch that I needed to scratch, along with the desire to challenge myself with a guitar related 'project'. Once that is satiated, the amp and guitar will go to the local "Guitars for Kids" program.
Good of you to do that.

·
Registered
24,702 Posts
Mark you’re not typically known for a sense of humor got that made me lmao! I have seen a sparkle Mansfield that I once coveted.
Not known for a sense of humour? Jeez, am I that bad at making wry remarks? I'm gonna have to wet some of my drier comments now and then.

But seriously, I am constantly amused by Kijiji listings I see that somehow feel the Strat form-factor is so standardized, that all they need to do is refer to the colour. No brand or other characteristics needed, just the colour, as if referring to a shovel, 2-slice toaster, or something equally generic. Equally amusing are the amp ads that look at the power consumption on the back and treat that as the output power. That's how puny inefficient amps like the one Dave shows get listed as 50 watts.

·
Registered
14,921 Posts
Hey--too rich for my blood!
;)

Enjoy the project & hope the recipient enjoys it as well...

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
i love the huge amp!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Not known for a sense of humour? Jeez, am I that bad at making wry remarks? I'm gonna have to wet some of my drier comments now and then.
you don't seem to make jokes too often, but there have been a few times when you really gave me a good laugh. hey, even hank aaron didn't hit a homer every time

·
Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read this on Kijiji today and immediately thought of @mhammer and @GuitarT ...

Description
Selling my old electric guitar works great missing smallest string . has 3 dials .6 string . medium size

Unfortunately, the colour was not stated...it is black.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts