1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
329 Posts
My first Mesa amp. The Transatlantic 30. Now discontinued, got a great deal on the floor model at L&M.
They managed to pack an AC30, Tweed, Marshall and a Mark series in one amp.
The AC30 channel is really, really good.
[/URL][/IMG]
have an audio clip?
I would like to hear it!

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
I sold most of my other amps after I got mine. It covers pretty much any genre. My only complaint is the Tweed voice has a lower volume than the other two voices on that channel. It's a very minor complaint though. And yes, the Vox channel both normal and top boost is really good. One of the amps I sold when I got the TA-30 was an AC15.

·
Premium Member
16,620 Posts
Congrats on a great amp. I sold a pedal to a TA-30 owner, and he gave me a rundown on it. I was pretty impressed!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I have the head and 112 version of this and I concur. Great amps. Mine developed a sporadic but horrendous hum with the reverb engaged on the clean channel. Turned out to be a bad solder on one of the caps that decided to "turn on" when the amp warmed up. All good now. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
11,605 Posts
Great amp. Congrats! I love my TA15 and enjoyed briefly playing through Kerry's TA30. I'd buy one if the right deal came around. And I need another amp like I need another carbon tax.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congratulations, very cool amp and great prices at L&Ms on them. I tried out one at the Cambridge location and it sounded killer, although I couldn't turn it up much.

I bought a used Royal Atlantic combo a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Kind of my first Mesa too (I very briefly owned a Rectoverb and Electra Dyne but returned them pretty quickly). Amazing build quality on Mesas, wow, and so versatile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts