The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
1W in a small quiet room is still pretty darn loud. Remember you need 10 times the power for our ears to percieve a doubling of loudness.
So a 10W will only sound half as loud as a 100W, and the 1W will only seem half as loud as the 10W. (all else such as speakers remaining equal)

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Well that was quick, returned it and ordered an orgin 20h
i read your post and thought "wtf is that? i never heard of it." so i looked it up. seems cool as hell, and the price is attractive. i'm not sure about the tilt switch though. the way they describe it, it sounds like the same as the low/mid/high controls but with one knob? i don't get it. have you tried one? what does it do?

Try it with a 412!
i took my special 6 down to the rehearsal factory and plugged it into an orange 4x12. i dimed it, and it could ALMOST keep up with the drums and bass and other guitar.
if i swapped the tubes it would have been useable. it sounded pretty good like that. better than what i expected. was a fun little experiment.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i read your post and thought "wtf is that? i never heard of it." so i looked it up. seems cool as hell, and the price is attractive. i'm not sure about the tilt switch though. the way they describe it, it sounds like the same as the low/mid/high controls but with one knob? i don't get it. have you tried one? what does it do?
I haven't tried one. I just figured I would order one and try it for 700 bucks. As I understand the tilt switch would make it sound like the difference between input 1 and 2.
That being said I did virtually no reasearch, I just thought it would fit what I was looking for a bit better.
It also helped that I had cash from selling a different guitar and got spend happy.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,193 Posts
so I wanted to get a smaller quiet amp for the living room.
I figured at 5 watts switchable to 1 watt this would be nice so I could turn it up past 2.
But Jesus this little thing is loud.
View attachment 201209
Why do you have 2 compressors on your board?

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Not the same as the low/mid/high, but works in conjunction with those. Marshall markets it as a control to sweep from the old High Treble (Loudness 1) to Normal (Loudness 2) inputs on the old 4-holers. Instead of adjusting the two volumes to get the gain and balance you want, now you have an overall gain control and a balance (tilt) control.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Just tried the origin 20 combo today at L&M and all I can say is "glad I bought the DSL40CR"! I didn't like the Origin one bit. Well, clean was nice but it needed to be LOUD to get any decent breakup.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just tried the origin 20 combo today at L&M and all I can say is "glad I bought the DSL40CR"! I didn't like the Origin one bit. Well, clean was nice but it needed to be LOUD to get any decent breakup.
Well I guess it's good I have a pedal board full of od pedals.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts