The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Check the primary-side of the power transformer: how many terminations exist? If there are more than two, it could be multi-voltage mains.
I wish I took a picture .. the bottom of the transformer is sealed with tape and I did not touch it. I was hoping to find a switch (SW3) that is shown on a schematic. My background is mechanical engrg and I got lost very quickly :oops:

· Registered
2,676 Posts
Pictures could be useful every time we open a amp.

I'm afraid a replacement transformer is only available from Marshall.

I suggest YaReMi to check carefully if the fuses are the right ones.
It may be that the previous owner had to replace them and got the wrong rating. The transformer would not be protected anymore

· Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I suggest YaReMi to check carefully if the fuses are the right ones.
It may be that the previous owner had to replace them and got the wrong rating. The transformer would not be protected anymore
The amp was new, came from dealer in UK. I checked the mains fuse and it was original BUT the power tubes were not matched (according to JJ stickers). I replaced them with a matched pair I had at home.

· Registered
2,676 Posts
The amp was new, came from dealer in UK. I checked the mains fuse and it was original BUT the power tubes were not matched (according to JJ stickers). I replaced them with a matched pair I had at home.
I read that you bought it through Reverb and concluded that it was used. I was wrong.
Ask to this dealer if he can have a power transformet for north america market

· Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I read that you bought it through Reverb and concluded that it was used. I was wrong.
Ask to this dealer if he can have a power transformet for north america market
I contacted Marshall tech support right after I bought it and they told me that I would need to get a power transformer through Canadian distributor. I will ask Vintage Tonewheels here in London to get me an estimate.
For now I’m ok with my converter. I’m very happy I found this amp. I had one before and regretted selling it.
Thanks for your help!

· Registered
2,676 Posts
I contacted Marshall tech support right after I bought it and they told me that I would need to get a power transformer through Canadian distributor. I will ask Vintage Tonewheels here in London to get me an estimate.
For now I’m ok with my converter. I’m very happy I found this amp. I had one before and regretted selling it.
Thanks for your help!
👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts