The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DSC_1161_zpsucrbvtwr.jpg

First acquisition in some time. We decided to take advantage of the insane housing market here a few months back and sold up, made a ton of money and moved into a nice apartment. We love it actually. But I had to give up my "studio" I used to have in the basement. A lot of gear was sold and I gave a bunch to my son in law who also plays and can set up in his basement, so I can play there when we get together. But that left me with needing something for the apartment. Picked this one up yesterday locally.

1987 Marshall silver jubilee 25/50 in the 1x12 combo. Killer little amp. Heavy sucker too.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Sweet....

I'm not one to criticize over a Marshall purchase, but isn't that a bit loud for an apartment?

Still, that's a great amp. I actually really like the compressed sound at lower volumes.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
OOH, that's nice. There is one over at Lauzon's music right now in similar shape, they are pretty tempting.

G

·
Is there really a pedal out there that can obtain the Marshall crunch though?
Nothing beats the sound of a cranked Marshall. IMO.

Nice score!

·
Premium Member
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I must say, after playing through this amp now for a few weeks I think I have finally attained that Marshall sound that we have in our heads. I have owned several Marshall amps over the years and would end up saying to myself "that's not the sound I am expecting". The tone coming out of this thing would certainly explain why Marshall amps have been around for so long and have maintained their appeal to so many. Mind you, I never had the JCM 800 model(s). I have had few DSL, the Class 5 and the JMP-1 and a JTM 45. All have a distinct tone, and I am sure many prefer those tones over the JCM 800. But this little amp is the tone I hear when I think of Marshall amps. Finally.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
L&M has some Jubilee 25/25 reissues on the floor. 1 /12 is about $1700 bucks. I think they are 18 watts and also comes in a head. Tempting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts