The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased this one last week. Worth every penny.
Purists used to/still do slag this amp for having diode clipping. Its switchable so you don't ever have to run the diodes if you want it that way. I like the diode sound it lends a unique crunch that is super cool when mixed in with the right amount of tube compression/gain.
That all said I run it without the diodes most of the time.
I tried the head and 4x12 and vertical 2x12 versions and they sound great as well but for my money the 1x12 is where its at. I've heard and played the original 1x12. Honestly there is no comparison. This modern closed back bottom ported cab with the Greenback is the ticked. Plus I can carry it one handed to the gig.
I'll be gigging it around Calgary and area from time to time. Steller sounding Marshall no matter what size it is.

Cheers
Lem

·
Premium Member
16,634 Posts
Congrats! Still using the Revvs?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes still using the Revv, that's my favorite amp.
I considered buying another Revv but wanted to look around a bit first.
The 1x12 Jube combo stood out as a great choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the demos I've seen of the mini Jubilee, and I also played a combo at Long and McQuades in the fall and liked that. But I've been thinking of picking up the 2525H since I have a spare 2x12 cab.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I like the demos I've seen of the mini Jubilee, and I also played a combo at Long and McQuades in the fall and liked that. But I've been thinking of picking up the 2525H since I have a spare 2x12 cab.
Precicely why I got mine, a spare 2x12 after moving an amp.
Good enough excuse, I thought. :)

The clean channel is suprisingly good on the amp too, gravy.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amagras... pictures... yeah nope just discussion... over on facebook and instagram I'll have a few on nights I gig it.

GuitarsCanada... yes a friend owns the original Jube 1x12 and a JCM800 1x12 from 83. They both sound great but the new cabinet format sounds better to me. It doesn't lack in the bottom end. This is something Marshall has addressed in the modern design.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
amagras... pictures... yeah nope just discussion... over on facebook and instagram I'll have a few on nights I gig it.

GuitarsCanada... yes a friend owns the original Jube 1x12 and a JCM800 1x12 from 83. They both sound great but the new cabinet format sounds better to me. It doesn't lack in the bottom end. This is something Marshall has addressed in the modern design.
No Marshall will make me visit FB, even less Instagram

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
amagras... it can be poison for sure so here is the only photo I have taken which was the day I brought it home.
I was playing my EVH USA Natural Blonde Wolfgang and that's my 69 Plexi sitting on the red chair.
Used the Jube for last nights rehearsal. Killer little amp.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
That's a sweet amp! I just picked up a JCM800 4210 a couple weeks ago and even though it has the aforementioned diode clipping I'm loving the sound. Can do Ac/dc with the gain low to full out metal without any pedals. I play in a heavy rock band so I'm using an MXR 10 band in the loop to get a little more of that modern scooped sound. When I'm playing at home though I usually set the gain fairly low and I can crank up the volumes loud enough to get some sweet vintagey Marshall tones

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where are you playing in calgary?
We have been around for about 6 years now well over 150 shows and about 40 venues in Calgary, Strathmore, Airdrie, Crossfield, Olds, Diddsbury, Red Deer, Banff... etc . Some are gone now.
We are at the Spot this Friday night... 4408 17 Ave SE, Calgary :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts