The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After handing my Morris off to Budda for the studio, I've been hurting for some higher gain and the timmy can't push the Headstrong there. Morris #2 incoming next week!!!

I had the 50 for a day, but returned it, since I thought it was shitty at higher volumes.

For the price of a good pedal, I couldn't let this pass. Mint condition and cheap. I won't lose when/if I go to sell it. I'm planning on moving my son's micro-cube and giving him this.

I purposely played this clip at low volume (.5 watt setting). You can hear my strings, but it still sounds huge. The only issue at this volume is that pinch harmonics don't really work that well. I can't increase the volume until I wax pot the pups - they've gone microphonic on me.

I'm trying to get the software going, but I can't get the drivers to download (says my comp isn't adequate when it is according to the download specs).

I really want to get the software going, so I can eq and save some presets. This amp is great, but I have a feeling the software is key to opening it up - and also removing the muddiness. It's all over this clip.

The modulation on the dirt settings is average. They sound really good on the clean setting.

Here is the demo. One take, so there's issues, but it's not a disaster.

Oh, and that Ratt/Marvin Gaye mashup definitely influenced the intro...haha. Shame about my small hands.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm still on the Katana bandwagon and am seriously considering picking one up at some point but I'm curious to hear your thoughts about the 100 after you've had some time to tweak and fine tune things to your liking.

Please do keep the demos coming, though.

·
Premium Member
17,190 Posts
Odds are I'm going to get to try yours before my coworker's, and he lives 2m from work hahaha.

Glad you dig it! I've been considering picking up a used one later on to go with or replace my MG15 - not that the MG15 sounds *bad*.

Funny you mention microphonic pickups as both of dan's teles have suffered that problem. It will make for interesting feedback layers though!

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the club Chuck.

If you installed the 'Tone Studio' first, the drivers wont load.
If this is the case, uninstall the software then do the drivers.
There's a lot of helpful info on this forum.
VGuitar Forums - Index
Turns out the mac in the basement is too old. I installed it on my business mac, so I'm good to go. I also just updated it to the latest version.

....and now I'm going to start messing around with it while my wife is out.

L

·
0 Posts
I also just updated it to the latest version.
Did you get the GA-FC pedal board with the amp?
The upgrade turns those 4 button patches into 8.
I'm going to start messing around with it while my wife is out.
I always have to wait for this too. Even at the 0.5 w setting.
I'm planning on moving my son's micro-cube and giving him this.
dibs! .. unless I find one in Elmira at a reasonable price.
My micro-marshall doesn't quite handle the Timmie's parking lot testing too well anymore.

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
I think the 100 watt head is interesting. It includes a little speaker on the front so you can do small jams with it (at reduced power). Plug in a cab and you're rockin' like a hurricane.

It's just unfortunate that the speaker is where the controls should be - on the front panel. :mad:

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get the GA-FC pedal board with the amp?
The upgrade turns those 4 button patches into 8.

I always have to wait for this too. Even at the 0.5 w setting.

dibs! .. unless I find one in Elmira at a reasonable price.
My micro-marshall doesn't quite handle the Timmie's parking lot testing too well anymore.
No, I didn't get anything with the map. That is interesting for sure. I just realized they have a library to store all my settings, so I'm not sure I'd need the pedal. However, I'm starting to think that I could literally just bring this guy out to jam and have everything I need.

I just did a satriani patch and although it didn't sound like Satch, it transformed the sound in such a way that I now have high hopes.

I'll keep you posted on the micro. It's the newer version and comes with the box. I bought it new for him. Since I'll be popping in at Elmira, I could always bring it with me.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the 100 watt head is interesting. It includes a little speaker on the front so you can do small jams with it (at reduced power). Plug in a cab and you're rockin' like a hurricane.

It's just unfortunate that the speaker is where the controls should be - on the front panel. :mad:
Yeah, I like the idea of using different cabinets. It's a shame this can't be done with the combo. I suspect they did it on purpose.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The new Artist model has the knobs in the front, upgraded speaker, and if I remember correctly, the ability to use other cabs.

I would like a head version of the new Artist.
That's one I'm going to want to try. I really wish there was a way to hear this through my vintage 4x12s.

I can't remember which forum the Andertons video was posted comparing a few amps to the Roland Blues Cube Artist, but I'd love to know if that tone is achievable through this amp. I love the light bluesy grind I get out of the microcube, but can't seem to get it on this amp.

Hopefully, I can track down some more patches online. You'd think there'd be a bunch, since this is such a popular amp.

edit - there are a bunch and I just found them....

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Yeah, I like the idea of using different cabinets. It's a shame this can't be done with the combo. I suspect they did it on purpose.
You mean no extension cab jack? That's too bad. It wouldn't be hard to install one, depending on access to the back of the amp's internals. Sometimes, they're pretty closed in and sealed off.

{edited} I didn't know there was a new version. Damn you internet, damn you!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and the noise suppressor works incredibly. The patch I was dialing in went WELL past the noise and the notes weren't cut short at all. TBH, I kinda thought it was weird.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You mean no extension cab jack? That's too bad. It wouldn't be hard to install one, depending on access to the back of the amp's internals. Sometimes, they're pretty closed in and sealed off.
Yeah, no jack. There's a line out and a phone/rec out, but that's it.

·
Administrator
16,469 Posts
I've got a 100 head I've just started messing around with. Seems quite promising as a one stop kind of thing. The software is where it's at. I still haven't figured out how to set up a chorus and reverb and delay but frankly I've been so caught up with the Bluguitar Amp1 the Boss is being neglected. I'll get around to it some day.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts