The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came in today!!!

I am seriously amazed at the sound this thing can create. I love how it gives you a very nice crunch while still maintaining the clarity that I'm looking for. It also pushes out some sparkly cleans. I think I can say I've found the one... this is the tone I've been searching for.
I have thank Budda for suggesting Jet City otherwise I don't think I would have even thought twice about this amp.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you are stoked on it!
Thanks man! Now the next step is build a cab to compliment it. I've been looking at a few designs and am thinking a bigger 2x12 would do the trick. Something like a cross between a Marshall 1936 and an Avatar Traditional 2x12.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,988 Posts
Looks like same preamp as my old 22 plus a depth, which was a common mod on the 22 if I remember my reading. Was a smoking good amp, glad you like yours!

·
Premium Member
19,069 Posts
Thanks man! Now the next step is build a cab to compliment it. I've been looking at a few designs and am thinking a bigger 2x12 would do the trick. Something like a cross between a Marshall 1936 and an Avatar Traditional 2x12.

Orange 212 ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orange 212 ;)
I've looked at that one as well but the dimensions are too small. I'd like something that is around 28"x25"x12". The ones I've found are the Marshall 1936 and Avatar Traditional. I currently have a Traynor 2x12 with V30's which is very similar to the Orange.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats
I have a JCA22H that i've done a couple of the common mods depth/slope & I absolutely love it . Best bang for the buck amp & gear ever .
I'm still in the honeymoon phase here, but I'm really starting to feel that way. I'm totally impressed.

@dcole I'm not sure I'd call it narrow. It's 9.5" H x 25" x 9.5"D

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I've looked at that one as well but the dimensions are too small. I'd like something that is around 28"x25"x12". The ones I've found are the Marshall 1936 and Avatar Traditional. I currently have a Traynor 2x12 with V30's which is very similar to the Orange.

Orange does have two different 212s...the open back is about 26" i think...all you need is an 8" of plywood to close the back...i gigged one for three yrs that way...plus its lighter than the normal cab

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fair enough, but for some reason it's not "speaking" to me .

I found the Jet City Modern 2x12 Combo as well which is tempting to re-create a matching cab.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
i got ya on wanting what you want...i got it only cuz it was a wicked deal...sold it to get a vertical 2x12...which was a wicked deal...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got ya on wanting what you want...i got it only cuz it was a wicked deal...sold it to get a vertical 2x12...which was a wicked deal...
In this case I plan on building it myself so I can pretty much design it the way I want. I'm just trying to figure out how it will affect the sound if I do the oversized cab. I'd like head and cab to be the same width and place the speakers vertically as I want the ease of adjusting the settings higher up.
So far I haven't found the exact cab I'd like to emulate so it'll likely be a custom design. But that's also the part that worries me as this will be my first build and don't know how it will sound.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Trial and error...could always sell it on kijiji to try again

I like my vertical 212...but wouldnt mind trying out one of the offset vertical 212...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trial and error...could always sell it on kijiji to try again

I like my vertical 212...but wouldnt mind trying out one of the offset vertical 212...
Yeah that's kind of what I'm thinking. It'll be fun process either way. I've thought of the offset vertical as well. It woukd work as the width of the cab would be able to accommodate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts