The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this posted 2 weeks ago and went for it !!!;)

Here is the rarest and most powerful Garnet of them all... The Pro 600 Super !!! :D

This baby is rated at 225 Watts with 6... yep ! 6 EL34 in the power section :eek:

Based on the info, only a handful of these were made... so quite scarce...

This baby left Edmonton yesterday , direction Montreal... should get it next Friday ... Hopefully !:confused:

Here are some of the sellers pics !

Look at the size of these transformers !!! :confused::eek::confused:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This baby hasn't worked for the last 25 years and was left stored in a garage... A power tube blew and took out most of all the screen resistors and burnet some wires with it... So , some repairs are to be done once it arrives... :(

Gut shoots.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the original tubes are included by the way... I have an old but amazing tube tester here to go thru them all... will at least save 4 to 5 original Garnet branded 6CA7 mullard tubes...

Retubing this baby will be expensive ! :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,365 Posts
All the original tubes are included by the way... I have an old but amazing tube tester here to go thru them all... will at least save 4 to 5 original Garnet branded 6CA7 mullard tubes...

Retubing this baby will be expensive ! :confused:
It will, but imagine if it was 4 KT88's ;).

Man i wanna try that thing.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
looking at the pictures...the head shell is the rigt way up...and so is the amp chasis...so...is the headshell not original?

i can't even fathom the headroom and shear destruction that could envelop...way cool!

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Lord have mercy!

What a great packing job!

I don't need to know where Rock City is to visit. Just crank 'er. I'll hear it from here.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking at the pictures...the head shell is the rigt way up...and so is the amp chasis...so...is the headshell not original?
He just removed the front to take out the chassis and put it back in without screwing it to the top. The chassis sits on the bottom and the panel with Garnet goes ontop. " screws holds it. sometimes its easier to remove the front since its a real tight fit on the chassis. Its all original... but I will most likely re tolex the thing...

i can't even fathom the headroom and shear destruction that could envelop...way cool!

This will be used as a bass head ;) Who needs an SVT....:D

Cant wait to take it outside and direct it towards my pestering neighbor !!! HNG^%$

·
Premium Member
5,626 Posts
Wow! What a cool find! Congrats. Good to see it go to someone who appreciates what it is. I had never even seen mention of a 600 Super before.
No idea what you're going to do with 225 watts of power, but.......Oh baby!!!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts