The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
i've always wondered about those. they seem really cool in the demos.

i have to admit though....that's the first time i ever saw someone describe a TS as "creamy" hahahahahaha
good for you on the new amp. crank it!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, compared to my DS-1 and a Nux pedal I just sold, it is creamy.
It can scream like a banshee, but it can become creamy if you want it to.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, lest I forget. How NOT to pack an amp. Looks like seller filled half the box with loose crap, threw the amp in and filled the remaining space with more loose crap. The amp got here miraculously unharmed, but it was resting on its side at bottom of crap, nothing between it and the cardboard.

While I'm at it regarding crap sellers ...

When I got the amp out of the box, with foam beans sticking to everything, including me, I noticed a washer was missing on one of the top chassis screws. Strange ... I went to look at the ad pics to see if I had missed it. Nope, it's on the pics. Could have it been another amp he sent me ? Doubt it, since I had noticed paper tacks on the Tolex, on both ends of the head, that I removed on the one in front of me.

So I contact the seller to ask him where that washer could be. He tells me he never removed it.

I don' t mind if you removed it yourself or not, it just didn't evaporate in transit, did it ? If you don't know where you lost it, I just want you to admit it was removed between the time the pics were taken and the time you packed the amp.

He goes bezerk, asking me, why the f__k would he remove a 5 cents washer ?

I dunno, I said, but it's not there.

Then, I'll get you one from the hardware store when I get off work. I want you to be happy. I would hate for something like this to ruin our friendship. I couldn't stand myself if I lost your friendship.

Don't fuss over it, I can find one.
You won't be loosing a friendship, this is a business deal, not a relationship.

It is more of an impossibility that must have an answer somehow. Did you pack it yourself ?

If so, may I comment on the packing ?

Packing with loose foam beads doesn't protect the marchandise in transit. If the box is shaken enough, the marchandise will (and it did) find itself resting at the bottom of the box (at one end in this case). No damage here, but it could have happened. I don't know if all the plastic bags were inflated when your wrapped the box, because they were all flat when it got here.

You have to find packing material that doesn't move, like bubble wrap. Most of the amps I received from shops, were well protected, wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap.

This is not a criticism, more of a suggestion so you don't end up with a claim. I know courriers won't acknowledge loose foam beads as proper protection.

Forget about the washer, I doubt you'll find an identical black one in a regular hardware store. I'll replace the four of them, so there is a unity.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Man, foam peanuts are the worst. Also, was thinking of starting a bad packing job thread; got a pair of speakers the other month and knew right away by looking at the box that there was trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
The packing job was hilariously (crying on the inside) inadequate; damaged (gaskets shredded; 1 needed a recone - negotiated a refund with the seller that coverred it). I still dunno if the seller packed it that way or if the ebay global shipping program repacked it (that has happened to me before - they repack to ship at a lower cost, nevermind the safety of the item).

I took vid of the unboxing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts